New project

mickyb
Corporal

New project

Post by mickyb »

Hi Guys,

well I held out until tonite.........

After seing Oztruck's terific Centurion video on here a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I liked the Centurion better than the new Pershing that I bought just before Christmas.

I exchanged several pm's with Oztruck (Chris) and obtained some terific advice on the build of his Ausie Centurion so here we go.........1st project of the year is off and running.

I couldn't find a decent set of fotos on the web and didn't want to spend cash on a book but the local model shop had a nice little kit that gave me the info needed. I have decided to make the British Main Battle Tank for a very good reason.

Chatting to Chris about his build I discovered the extent of the work he has put into the chassis alone and decided that the work was beyond my capabilities. He has re-positioned the drive sprocket, idler and central return roller. Changed the drive sprocket and worked on the teeth, then re-built a set of tracks...way beyond what I could do. So I decided that as the plate side armour on the MBT covered the wheels and tracks, I could cheat and leave them as they are and just concentrate on the top deck and turret.....more than enough for me I feel. As I get more adventurous I can attack the chassis some time in the future...maybee.

I have stared at this perfect tank for a week dreading the tear down but tonite the work has begun.

I will show the build on here with fotos as usual, but don't expect anything like Septon's work....or speed. :{ But if I just get somewhere near Chris's Centurion I will be satisfied.

Here we go then.....I started to strip the tank and forgot the first foto befor starting work silly bugger, so the first one shows the strip has begun. I now own 6 HL's and a Tamiya and this is the only bloomin tank that has been stuck together properly so I haven't been able to salvage any parts as they were all broken during removal.

The fotos show complete tank, stripped deck then the cut away deck.....enuff for one nite I feel.

Here we go ......
Attachments
024 (2).JPG
016.JPG
011.JPG
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New project

Post by forgebear »

hi mike will this help have more but all big pictures dave
mickyb
Corporal

Post by mickyb »

Hi Dave, that will certainly be useful, many thanks.

Can you send the others to my e-mail address then I will have full size fotos to blow up.

Cheers Mike
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I intend to do the same as soon as I can find a wrecked Pershing to use as a base. I will follow this build with eager anticipation. ;)
mickyb
Corporal

Post by mickyb »

Hi Rob,

I bought mine as a damaged/returned tank from Howes models. It came with track and gearbox metal upgrade, the small gear on one of the motors was split so I had no drive one side, that was all. The cost was £35 plus postage....no battery or charger though. I always ask for a returned tank with a good shell and failed electronics. I have had 4 now and they have all been easy to fix.

Was that anticipation or constipation?????? :/

Mike

Return to “Pershing”