This month's TOTM.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

This month's TOTM.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi folks, firstly, my apologies, I lost track of the dates, and I meant to post this sooner.
Because I'm wondering whether to hold the TOTM's bi-monthly.
Are these any thoughts on this matter?

But, if the demand is high enough, it's no problem to start a fresh TOTM this month a day or so late.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: This month's TOTM.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Perhaps bi-monthly would allow more time for RCTW participants to see a month's TOTM, think it over, and then be ready with up to 60 days to prepare photos, maybe videos, a description.
I enjoy TOTM every time. However, I have entered TOTM only once because I can readily see that the other builds far outstrip my abilities. Maybe a "MOTM" (M = Mediocre) would allow me to enter more often. :haha:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 pm Perhaps bi-monthly would allow more time for RCTW participants to see a month's TOTM, think it over, and then be ready with up to 60 days to prepare photos, maybe videos, a description.
I enjoy TOTM every time. However, I have entered TOTM only once because I can readily see that the other builds far outstrip my abilities. Maybe a "MOTM" (M = Mediocre) would allow me to enter more often. :haha:
Better make that MTOTM. If it's just mediocre of the month, I have many, many entries ready--like the first trout fly I tied, my lawnmower deck repair weld, my fibreglas canoe patch, my drywall mudding... ;D :haha: :{

Mike.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

ColemanCollector wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:39 pm
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 pm Perhaps bi-monthly would allow more time for RCTW participants to see a month's TOTM, think it over, and then be ready with up to 60 days to prepare photos, maybe videos, a description.
Better make that MTOTM. If it's just mediocre of the month, I have many, many entries ready--like the first trout fly I tied, my lawnmower deck repair weld, my fibreglas canoe patch, my drywall mudding... ;D :haha: :{

Mike.
Picture or they didn't happen ;)

I really want to see that first fly :D

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

That fly is mercifully long gone. Let's just say it wasn't very subtle, and no self-respecting brown trout would ever fall for it. Think cat furball collides with a feather duster collides with a fish hook.

Mike.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Do TOTM for the really good builders, and MTOTM, for the rest of us average modellers.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

I vote for bimonthly. I don't see that we have So many active members here that there will be enough participants with projects ready every month.

I know that MTOTM is in jest but there is truth to it. Now that I entered my first time I'll definitely enter again regardless of the broad spectrum of amazing skills and abilities shown. I wouldn't argue a trophy just for participating but I ran with the idea and looked at some IPMS classes and discussions about adjusting classes.

IPMS competitor catagories-

https://ipmsusa.org/about/national-cont ... s-contests

A discussion on a modeling forum that I found interesting that proposed different classes-

https://cs.finescale.com/fsm/general_di ... 60091.aspx

Here a member suggested these classes: "Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Master and Professional."

We definitely have Masters and Professionals as members here.

Likely not keeping it simple just some thoughts. :beer:
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

MrChef has some good points, all unfortunately potentially leading to more work for Son of a gun-ner. :haha: Maybe we need a few classes, perhaps Buck Private, NCO, Top Brass. ;)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Whoops, my apologies, far too many real life and RCTW behind the scenes distractions.

Well, as you may gather, a fresh TOTM will be starting on the first of June :{

So, you all have plenty of time to prepare, especially Mr Bix ;)

Return to “General Discussion”