'Magic Grime'

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

'Magic Grime'

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Hi All,

Upon extolling the effectiveness and virtues of Jnewboys ''Magic Grime', an overseas friend asked if I could purchase a tub for him, the product not being available in Europe.

I've tried making what I think is the appropriate contact via the PM system on this Forum, but have failed, so far, to make contact. Anyone have an idea whether 'Jnewboy Customs' is still offering the product and how best to make contact? :headbang:

I'm sure the answer lies somewhere among the body of knowledge that always resides here. :D

Thanks All,

Ralph
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 'Magic Grime'

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Check this out.

Jnewboy Customs - Magic Grime | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jnewboy-Custom ... 261?_ul=AR
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

SCHWEREPANZER wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:15 pm the product not being available in Europe.
Although it isn't sold in Europe by European traders/vendors. We can still purchase it direct via eBay?

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Well, how about that! When all else fails....the Bay. Thanks Mick, for not sparing the bytes! Much appreciated! :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

SCHWEREPANZER wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:45 pm Well, how about that! When all else fails....the Bay. Thanks Mick, for not sparing the bytes! Much appreciated! :thumbup:
You're welcome :thumbup:
He hasn't been online since last October, I have a feeling Jnewboy prefers Facebook these days.

I would have sworn he had a website :think:

MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:09 pm
SCHWEREPANZER wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:45 pm Well, how about that! When all else fails....the Bay. Thanks Mick, for not sparing the bytes! Much appreciated! :thumbup:
You're welcome :thumbup:
He hasn't been online since last October, I have a feeling Jnewboy prefers Facebook these days.

I would have sworn he had a website :think:
My last delivery of Magic grime was early November last year from eBay. I love the product. I used the "Winter" grime on my group build Tiger. I also have the tri color grime. And its true to what he says, once you get the hang of the stuff I can easily do 3-4 tanks with one pot of the stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153876128261

I'd like to know which FB group he hangs out on since I'm on a few and I like his work. I didn't know he had a website. I did a search and couldn't find anything relating to his contact info and a website.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Via eBay, I ordered and received three or four tubs from Jon Newboy just a month ago, and all seems fine.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Just watched his promo video. So the grime is a brownish-blackisk-olivish blend of thick acrylics that you wipe on and then wipe off to the desired effect? And then matte clear afterwards?

Interesting stuff.

Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:05 pm Just watched his promo video. So the grime is a brownish-blackisk-olivish blend of thick acrylics that you wipe on and then wipe off to the desired effect? And then matte clear afterwards?

Interesting stuff.

Mike.
Yes it's got the consistency of a pudding for us normal folks, or a thick gel for those who call all of your desserts "pudding". Very easy, fun and satisfying to work with. I combine it with other techniques for different effects. You can clear coat it, but you don't have to, I don't.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[G]rime is a brownish-blackisk-olivish blend of thick acrylics." I have the other types, too, for "winter" and one more. I have only tried the one for "green" (i.e. Olive Drab) vehicles. I think it's great!

Return to “General Questions”