New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
velthal
Recruit

Re: New member

Post by velthal »

Well, I bought my first tank in ~2012.
I ride it a bit then forgot about its exist.
then after few years i saw rc tank club in my city and came to watch.
i think, my interest to this hobby started there.
6 years ago I bought puma and its a long story. I wanted someone to build it for me for money. But all i got is the box with lost and broken parts ))
And many stories about all my tanks. I can tell you, if you want.
So, I think, ive stared to do something with my hands in 2020.

About the location. I live in Moscow. :)

Ps: sorry for my english if i did many mistakes.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Your English is just fine. Do some searches on here and look at the many marvelous builds (if you haven't already). And ask all the questions you might have. We are a great bunch of modelers from all over the world with many interest and much information.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
velthal
Recruit

Post by velthal »

I read all the topics about building a puma, but I didn’t find answers to all my questions. Thats why I registered. :)
Thank you for your guidance Eric.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, velthal! Thank you for such a fine introduction with photos! Bravo!

I bought one of the Puma kits about 5 years ago. I am waiting to accumulate enough experience to build it myself. With each tank I build, rebuild, or just refinish, I learn more and more. Does the club in your city still meet? We really enjoy photos from club meets. Which tanks do you have? We would enjoy learning more about your experience.

If it is of any help, here is a good translating program: https://www.deepl.com/translator Here's what the translator did to translate my English into Russian. Is the Russian clear at all?

Добро пожаловать, Вельталь! Спасибо за такое прекрасное вступление с фотографиями! Браво!
Я купил один из наборов Puma около 5 лет назад. Я жду, когда накоплю достаточно опыта, чтобы построить его самому. С каждым танком, который я строю, восстанавливаю или просто реставрирую, я узнаю все больше и больше. Клуб в вашем городе еще встречается? Нам очень нравятся фотографии с клубных встреч. Какие танки у вас есть? Мы будем рады узнать больше о вашем опыте.
Если это вам поможет, вот хорошая программа-переводчик: https://www.deepl.com/translator Вот что сделал переводчик, чтобы перевести мой английский на русский.

Переведено с помощью DeepL.com (бесплатная версия)
velthal
Recruit

Post by velthal »

Hello Herr Dr. Professor! Thanks for the greeting!
Well the basic kit have not to many problems. But the magic starts with an upgrades.
I agree, its very helpfull to see and read experience of the other people.
About the club meetings. As I understand it, now if someone meets, these are isolated cases. :(
I have tiger 1 hl, pantiger hl, mato\taigen tiger 1 (its the only one who can drive), about 4 late tiger tanks from hachette (most of all are just a parts in box) and aero-mate tiger 1. Ah. and I ordered kit for 251, from 35rctank. Desire for 8rad and 222 :)
Well, the translator is a good thing, but it cant translate some specific words or phrases. I just compared it with google translator, deepl seems more accurate to me.

Are you buyed upgrade parts for your puma? :)
Last edited by velthal on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
velthal
Recruit

Post by velthal »

I want to know, how to fix this :) how its disassemble?

And, should I start new threads about my tanks building? Or is it better to ask all questions in this thread?
At the moment its aero-mate tiger 1, metal origin puma and static kit with interior.
Attachments
IMG_6025.jpeg
IMG_6025.jpeg (53.04 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Not positive, but because of the two types of metal (steel and aluminum it appears) that silver sleeve was probably installed after the dog bone (axle) was installed. It could be pressed on glued or on but it might slide off with some effort. Many of that style that I've come across have a spring under the dog bone in the cup.

Why does it need to be removed, is it because the upper pin is loose? If so, there are ways to fix that...

As for moving or asking the questions, it's ok here for now but General questions would work or if it gets more specific perhaps another. I agree the Puma hasn't been discussed too much so "General Questions" might be it's home.

For a build thread - Other Builds
Electronics - Other Electronics

Starting to see a theme?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
Some cool AFVs you've got there. Absolutely start some new threads with specific questions or ideas. You'll usually find somebody to give you some help, or share your frustration! ;D

Mike.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

When I received the Puma from Metal Origin, I looked at it, drooled, and put it away carefully packed, hoping someday to have the skills. So I have not any upgrades so far. Worse yet, I have enough projects that I should learn to stop this addiction. "Oh, I can quite anytime I want to." Riiiight! @)
velthal
Recruit

Post by velthal »

Ecam wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:07 pm Not positive, but because of the two types of metal (steel and aluminum it appears) that silver sleeve was probably installed after the dog bone (axle) was installed. It could be pressed on glued or on but it might slide off with some effort. Many of that style that I've come across have a spring under the dog bone in the cup.

Why does it need to be removed, is it because the upper pin is loose? If so, there are ways to fix that...

As for moving or asking the questions, it's ok here for now but General questions would work or if it gets more specific perhaps another. I agree the Puma hasn't been discussed too much so "General Questions" might be it's home.

For a build thread - Other Builds
Electronics - Other Electronics

Starting to see a theme?
I want to disassemble to make a slightly larger groove in the ball. If you rotate the bone in the extreme position, there are two positions where the bone jams. Because of this jamming, the bone rests on the counter cup and the wheel rises.

And about the new threads on the forum. I am not a great master of describing my actions, and I can often get lazy :)

Although about the puma, I can try to create a general topic to share experiences.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”