Transporting Modern Tanks Without Damage

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
zooma
Lance Corporal

Re: Transporting Modern Tanks Without Damage

Post by zooma »

The T90 tank body is smaller than the Leopard but the main gun barrel is longer so the same size of carry cot is needed to fit it.

Hopefully I can use the same size of carry cot to fit all of my current and future Modern Tanks - so far so good - but I am a bit worried about the British Conquerer that I am looking at as a future build as that will be bigger and longer overall even with the gun in the transport position !
Never too old to learn........
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"...the British Conquerer that I am looking at as a future build": Oh, good! I'll be watching.
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 pm "...the British Conquerer that I am looking at as a future build": Oh, good! I'll be watching.
A Conquerer Mk2 and a Centurian Mk5 would be a nice pair to add to my "Cold War to present" period British tank line-up .........but I would also like a Challenger 1 as well, so I will have a lot to keep me occupied in the foreseeable future. B|

I have made the Conquerer Mk 1 and Mk2 as well as the so called "Super Conquerer" with the experimental spaced armour in 1/35 scale and all three variants are impressive looking beasts. Most "in service" Conquerers were Mk2's and that is my favourite variant..... and it would make a superb 1/16 scale r/c tank.
Last edited by zooma on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

There is a Conqueror available in 1/16, but it is only available as a 3D printed tank.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

tankme wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:33 pm There is a Conqueror available in 1/16, but it is only available as a 3D printed tank.
My computer skills don't stretch far enough to be able to work a 3D printer, but it is something that I would like to be able to do - especially if I could print a good 1/16 scale Conquerer........and other 1/16 scale tank parts and accessories.

I have never checked to see what size/type of 3D printer I would need to print a 1/16 scale tank, or to find out just how much they cost, but unless they are affordable and simple to use I doubt that 3D printer is likely to replace my hand tools in the near future :lolno:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

3D printing is a hobby all itself. My printer is only 256x256x256 and I've printed a 1/6th scale KV-1 with it so anything is possible. Printers vary in all price ranges from $100 to thousands depending on speed, features, and size.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Modern Tanks”