Alpine 1:16 Cigarette break for the lieutenant of the "Division Großdeutschland"

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Alpine 1:16 Cigarette break for the lieutenant of the "Division Großdeutschland"

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello friends ,

nothing has been posted in the Scale-figures section for a long time. ???

I dare to present you a figure that I have painted in the last weeks. It is a well known figure, it has been lying around for more than ten years. Now I had the time and the desire to try something new. :crazy:

I used colors from Andrea, Mig and Vallejo.

with regards,Guido :wave:
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Re: Alpine 1:16 Cigarette break for the lieutenant of the "Division Großdeutschland"

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Absolutely beautiful. The subtle differences in textures between the leather jacket, the matt trousers and the flesh tones is absolutely superb. A work of art.
RKRC
Private

Re: Alpine 1:16 Cigarette break for the lieutenant of the "Division Großdeutschland"

Post by RKRC »

I will never show my figures in here now....
Really nicely painted👍
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

RKRC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:43 pm I will never show my figures in here now....
Really nicely painted👍
I have a feeling many of us will be deleting old posted figure pictures...
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Ecam wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 pm
RKRC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:43 pm I will never show my figures in here now....
Really nicely painted👍
I have a feeling many of us will be deleting old posted figure pictures...
:haha: :haha: :haha: :clap: :thumbup:

"A mans got to know his limitations"- Harry Callahan, Magnum Force 1973

Excellent work Mr. Henn.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

I'm always in awe of how talented some people are at painting figures. This is another example of that talent on display
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Bravo, Guido! I especially applaud the eyes and the camouflage on the trousers.
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

Figure craftsmanship doesn't come any better than this. I wish I could do figures half as well. In the past I bought one or two painted figures from a guy from Hong Kong on Ebay, named HukHuk or something like that, I got a Panzer commander figure for my Panther G that looked excellent, not quite as good as this one though!
Nothing makes a model come alive like a well painted figure. But actually doing it is beyond my talents. I don't have to tell you, you could make some real money if you chose to by painting figures like this.
I would like to see more of your painted figures OP!
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello friends,

Thank you very much for your praise and appreciation.

But nobody should stop you from showing your figures here, only through exchange can you expand your skills.

I have also learned a lot from experienced painters with my eyes and ears.

Take a look at the video, most of you probably have enough colors at home, but you don't have the right technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXHSjgxmQA

I also practiced a lot on paper or cheap figures.

But my experience has shown me that you don't achieve the best results on cheap figures either.

with regards,Guido :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Guido makes a point worth emphasis: practice on the standard HengLong/Taigen/Torro Panzermann, the fellow who comes with every mass-market tank. But the better the detail on the a figure casting, the better and easier the painting will be. It does seem to be a case of ones usually getting ones money's worth.

Return to “Show Off”