Member from Lincolnshire.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Member from Lincolnshire.

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Good evening ladies and gents from a sunny but still fairly waterlogged Lincolnshire. Being a retired Marine Engineer my main interests are, not surprisingly, in RC model boats, mainly steam powered, but I enjoy many varied forms of modelling from model railway to steam lorries, model boats and a few RC tanks.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Member from Lincolnshire.

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum SteamBoatWilly from the other side of the pond in New York.

Of course your other interests are cool and I'm sure a certain Herr Dr. will be interested in your likes. But please do share about your Tanks.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada...where it's nowhere near as soggy as it should be for this time of the year!

Mike.
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Canada, one country I miss visiting. I used to go to Montreal regularly on container ships, up the St Lawrence through the ice in Winter!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Welcome SteamboatWillie from Argyll and Bute. Lincolnshire does tend to get waterlogged. I remember arguing with my boss, as to why we could not complete a job on time. He didn’t seem to understand that you cannot repair electricity poles, when the field is under 1200mm of water. :headbang:
There was a gentleman near where I lived in Derbyshire, who had a 1/4 scale steam lorry. Used to go to the pub in it and drink 8/9!pints. He worked in the theory that the police are never going to pull over an old boy on a steam lorry. Did it for years. Sadly passed over.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome. Maybe see you at the Grantham meet? https://www.facebook.com/GranthamLightArmouredDivision

Return to “Introduce Yourself”