New member from Wales, UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: New member from Wales, UK

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Notux wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:24 am Well I wanted something British, a centurion or a challenger, 1:16 or 1:18

By hardware do you mean the difference between the normal and pro versions of a particular tank?

I'm a newbie so be prepared for dumb questions lol
Yes Sir, the various tank versions have a myriad of options that all depend on your interest scope.
The modern tanks have by market availability, the least amount of options to enhance them, but if I was to choose, the Centurions would be the one.
Has vast combat utilisation, historical provenance, loads of marks/versions and plenty of bits to make one better from out of the box.
For simplistic run what you brung, its T34 or Panther in the Heng Long range I reckon.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 am Where you are located, my vote is Forgebear Tanks. UK.
As for which tank, its really about what you are interested in, and what kind of hardware takes your fancy.
I think Mr Bix means what model you want, or BB, IR,
Forgot to say, Motion RC EU, are also a good vendor, but be prepared to be hit with VAT when it lands in the UK. Although they offer free delivery to the UK, it appears to have geographical restrictions.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Notus, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
www.forgebeartanks.com
Is the place to go, Haya do sell a 1/16 Centurion and I have one, It is a nice Tank but at £500/600 it would not be my recommendation as a starter Tank,
I also have a 1/16 Tongde Centurion Tank which I bought from Dave at forgebear and at £200 + it is a bit of a bargain, If he has any left that would be my suggestion.
It is a bit flimsy and would benefit from upgrades but Nothing has broken on mine (YET :lolno: ) and it is big enough for newbie fingers to get into the workings without causing damage.
Enjoy this place and the only questions that are silly are the ones you dont ask, We do not expect you to know much if anything about this hobby that is what we are here for,
We wont ever tell you what to do but if you ask we will advice :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!

Loads of options out there, but I'd suggest getting a tank you're interested in, at the price range you are comfortable with paying. My budget is lower and I also don't run my tanks hard or often, so the Heng Long base model in all plastic will outlast my lifetime. If you've got the financial means and like building an entire tank, see if you can find a Tamiya Centurion and the opposite end of the $ scale.

I like Jarndice's advice of seeing if you can find a Tongde Centurion and have a bunch of fun for a lower entry fee. Some people get a tank, run it a few times, and then it gets shelved. I then buy it! Other folks--it becomes a lifelong passion and it becomes an arms race of better detail, better mechanicals, better sound, better electronics, better controls...

Have fun!

Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Mr. Notux, from New York. Looks like you're getting along well already and meeting our helpful members.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Introduce Yourself”