Rewiring

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
john1970
Corporal

Re: Rewiring

Post by john1970 »

Hello welcome.
First things first check the switch under the loaders hatch the flat hatch on top of the turret isn't switched off.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Duh! Now john1970, why didn’t I think of the simplest thing first? Yes, it could simply be that the BB firing switch is turned off.
granddad
Recruit

Post by granddad »

Good morning Mike in Ontario.
I have now identified the issue which is the on/off switch, located in one of the turret cupolas. The connections at the switch have a resistor/capacitor, soldered between the switch terminals, and it is the resistor/capacitor, which is at fault.
That being the case I just have to identify the "piece" buy a replacement, solder it back in place and then I can get back to the "battle".
Thanks for your contribution and,as we say, every little helps and, every day is a school day.
Glynne.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

granddad Glynne: wow! You had me thinking that you were giving up, and now you have identified the culprit as if you had worked with electronic components all your life. :O How did you identify the resistor or capacitor that was failing? Is it easy to test it?
granddad
Recruit

Post by granddad »

Morning.
Just trial and error, I shall attribute my good luck to. As my son says: "to every problem there is a solution and, if you can't find the solution then you are a part of the problem".
I am no Jack of all trades so I will step outside my comfort zone and find an electronics individual who can assist.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”