Rewiring

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
granddad
Recruit

Rewiring

Post by granddad »

Good morning one and all.
I am enjoying my 2nd or 3rd childhood with Torro R/C Tanks, in particular the King Tiger however, my original KT needs the gun firing wiring reconnected in the turret and, I am looking for help/assistance in getting this resolved otherwise my KT can only move, fire the machine gun and traverse the turret. No sound, no recoil, nothing. Is there anyone local to Poole, who can assist please?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Rewiring

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Cheers, granddad (as are many of us here). It's a custom here to do an introduction. So try posting your questions in the introductory section: viewforum.php?f=3 I think you will get a quicker response and lots of welcomes.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 pm Cheers, granddad (as are many of us here). It's a custom here to do an introduction. So try posting your questions in the introductory section: viewforum.php?f=3 I think you will get a quicker response and lots of welcomes.
Professor ??? :think: must be on the special sauce ;)
Do you mean, post questions in the General Questions section as granddad already posted in the Introduce Yourself section where you replied to him, let's not confuse the poor man lol.

Hello and welcome to the forum granddad :wave:
Are you not confident about taking the tank apart? Because you will be better off trying to fix it yourself with some help here, rather than the chance of meeting up with someone.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

OOPS: I am sorry, grandad. I was hurrying this morning before the modeling gang arrived at my house. Yes, indeed, as Son of a Gun-ner says, we can help you with fixing the Torro King Tiger. In fact, I have one (or more? yikes!) myself, and I have swapped wiring in quite a number of Torro (and Taigen, same thing) tanks, updating them to the latest, which you likely have.

Do you feel confident enough to open the hull and take a photo? If so, and if you can post a photo here, we can likely help with a diagnosis. One tip: as you are opening the hull, take photos as often as you like. Then you can feel more confident about getting it all back together correctly. Put it this way, if I can do it, anyone can do it.

Here, too, is a video that may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPZX72Psz8

(Ah, Son of a Gun-ner, what a saucy response. :D I am related to a famous painter: Screwloose LeDreck. :crazy: )
granddad
Recruit

Post by granddad »

Hi again Herr Dr.
I have decided to take the line of least resistance, as always, and have decided not to bother with any rewiring but to treat myself to another new tank. In simple english I can't be arsed to try for myself, so I shall just run the tank with no main gun firing.....simples.
Thankyou for taking the time to offer advice.
Regards.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum granddad. I'm sure you will be able to get assistance and resolve your wiring issue here. But it will likely require some DIY on your end unless one of these helpful chaps is local enough to you.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
granddad
Recruit

Post by granddad »

I would say that there are no "locals" in or near my vicinity otherwise I presume there would have been contact.

Never mind, everything is worth trying once in life.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Grandad Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I hope we can be of help,
Bearing in mind most of us knew next to nothing about the workings of model r/c Tanks or the tools needed to fit and fix them,
Please dont give up instead roam through some of the builds and try assimilating some of the ways we go about mending and upgrading our models, Trust me it is not difficult if it were the hobby would have lost its fascination with most of us a long time ago. :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

You have a fine tank in the Torro Königstiger, and I am surprised that there is any problem, for I have a few ( :haha: see: viewtopic.php?t=30720 ) Torro (or Taigen) tanks and have had no problems at all. In fact, your first comment above leads me to guess that you may have more than one Torro tank.
As you have noticed, grandad, we will encourage you to try to fix the problem, for many of us learned by fiddling nervously. I, for example, am a retired professor with virtually zilch skills. But fiddling with models and trains and tanks has added a new dimension to my experience. I wish there were someone near Poole (England, right?) who could work with you so you could see how easy the fix can be. I would be happy to do so, but the Atlantic Ocean gets in the way.
As to getting another Torro tank, well, look how nuts I went. :crazy:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
When you say "rewiring" are you talking about dangly bits that need resoldering to some components, or that the plugs have been pulled out and need replugging into the main control unit?
I'm assuming your battery is still in good shape and holding a full charge? These systems are crazy sensitive to a full charge and as the battery drains your tank may drive fine, and then suddenly only turns right, or turret no longer turns.
When one of my tanks acts up, first thing I do is check the connection of each plug inside the tank. Nothing fancy, just pull them out and immediately plug them back in. The plugs have small contacts, and it doesn't take much--even sitting for a few years--to make things miss.
If you're lucky, your new Torro will have the same operating system and you can simply copy the connections from new to old and get your King Tiger firing again.

Mike.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”