Leather strap ideas

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Leather strap ideas

Post by Ecam »

I sure like that B.P.1! I think I may be stealing another idea...
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Do you have or use tomato or garlic puree in
the foil tubes, they look a bit like tooth paste tubes. They are made out of a thick aluminium foil. Easy to cut bend and shape.
Attachments
20240304_015852.jpg
20240304_015852.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 206 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah! The horse site is one I checked some years ago looking for straps. I believe I decided that it was too heavy for 1/16, but the sander may just be the trick. Toothpaste tube “tin” I used fifty+ years ago for model car and truck items. I’d long forgotten. I wonder if plastic toothpaste tube might work if it doesn’t need to be pressed into special shapes. Tamiya tape may be the easiest to buy and use. I always have a stock ready to go, with regular and green masking tape for away from edges.
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:41 am Do you have or use tomato or garlic puree in
the foil tubes, they look a bit like tooth paste tubes. They are made out of a thick aluminium foil. Easy to cut bend and shape.
Great idea as well. I'm sure we have something similar, next time I pick up frozen pizzas and corn dogs, I'll take a look.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Burger_Patrol1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:22 am Hey ColemanCollecor,
In the past, Ive used this product on a lot of Dioramas for leather straps, flags, and tarps, "Verlinden Lead Foil". Nice thing about it is you can twist it and bend it to the shape you want and it will stay put. Works good for weapon shoulder straps too.
Wow, I forgot lead foil existed, last time I used some was in 1975 as a paint spraying mask, held in place with Vaseline.
A Google search gives various thicknesses and I would imagine a more reasonable price.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Lead foil looks to be a great solution! Googled Verlinden lead foil and loads of suggestions along the lines of those food squeeze tubes, wine bottle cork wraps, fillable paint tubes, etc.
Righteous! Thanks Burger Patrol et al!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Ecam wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:55 am
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:41 am Do you have or use tomato or garlic puree in
Great idea as well. I'm sure we have something similar, next time I pick up frozen pizzas and corn dogs, I'll take a look.
The cheaper brands appear to have slightly thinner walled tubes :D
Attachments
20240304_015657.jpg
20240304_015657.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 192 times

Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Wow, these flavor tubes are making me hungry....MOM.... PIZZA POCKETS!! :haha: Yea, the tubes are a great as a money saver Son of a gunner. I used to use the old school tooth paste tubes as well. Only problem is i always had to wait until the tube was empty. Thats how my mom use to trick me into brushing my teeth, she'd say the more you brush the more tubes you'll have for your hobby...Smart women my Mom :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Burger_Patrol1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:09 am Wow, these flavor tubes are making me hungry....MOM.... PIZZA POCKETS!! :haha: Yea, the tubes are a great as a money saver Son of a gunner. I used to use the old school tooth paste tubes as well. Only problem is i always had to wait until the tube was empty. Thats how my mom use to trick me into brushing my teeth, she'd say the more you brush the more tubes you'll have for your hobby...Smart women my Mom :thumbup:
Yes, same as my mum lol.
Well, tomorrow I'll be making my own pizzas up :D

Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:37 am
Burger_Patrol1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:09 am Wow, these flavor tubes are making me hungry....MOM.... PIZZA POCKETS!! :haha: Yea, the tubes are a great as a money saver Son of a gunner. I used to use the old school tooth paste tubes as well. Only problem is i always had to wait until the tube was empty. Thats how my mom use to trick me into brushing my teeth, she'd say the more you brush the more tubes you'll have for your hobby...Smart women my Mom :thumbup:
Yes, same as my mum lol.
Well, tomorrow I'll be making my own pizzas up :D
10-4....Cant go wrong with Pizza, that for sure!! :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's

Return to “General Questions”