my old jagdpanther

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

my old jagdpanther

Post by tiger205 »

hi all
        i thought i would show you all some pictures of a jagdpanther i made from a HL panther awhile ago, sadly :'(, i have recently sold it on ebay, so i could finance buying katie some metal goodies for her P3 x-mas present.
i started with the HL panther, rubbish i know, i bought metal tracks wheels etc, and made my own adjustable idler set up, i then bought from lou(pugwash)on ebay, a kit of sorts for a jagdpanther conversion some of it was resin some of it was paper plans, i retained the airsoft gun, by making my own mounts, and i made the gun longer, i also modified the rear deck and rear or the tank, so it tilted back, more like it should do unlike the HL panther, i then painted it and weathered it abit, i based the camo' scheme on the jagdpanther down bovington, its not the best model i have made, but better than a hl panther. its a real shame i had to sell it, but needs must, and at least the proceeds were spent on other tank parts, i hope you like the pic's

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Wight
Lance Corporal

Re: my old jagdpanther

Post by Wight »

Nice work.Major improvement on the hl panther.
I like the idler mount/tensioner,great idea.Did you loosen the nut to adjust tension?
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi
  yes the nut is for adjustment, basically its a length of 4mm threaded bar, glued inside ally tube with a 4mm I.D. a piece of flat bar cut to size for the "swing arm" and a piece of ally tube for a spacer, the axle pin has a m4 tread taped on the end with a m4 nut holding the wheel on. hope this helps.
                                      Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

thats one sweet jagdpanther , nice mods , you must of been sad to see it go
all the best, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Really nice looking Jagdpanther, as Ice says you must have been really sad to let it go

Return to “Show Off”