New member here

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Kark
Recruit

New member here

Post by Kark »

I am here to learn what I can about IR tank warfare. I have six 1/16 Heng Long tanks and one 21st century 1/6 stuart. My first HL tank is a panzer iii L that was a used non runner, without a radio and a crystal tank board. So had fun learning about swapping in a new tank board and other electronics and also a few metal upgrades, such as track slack adjusters, idler wheels, sprockets, mantlet, and cupola.

Restarted my love of RC in the form of first foam board airplanes by Flite Test and then 1/10 scale rock crawlers. I have always wanted to get into RC tanks.

So as I have said I have a few HL tanks. I bought three more used non running ones - tiger 1,stug iii, walker and two brand new sherman and a pershing.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: New member here

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Well, your arsenal is already daunting! It's clear that you have experience, so you can fit right in here. Welcome to the fun!
Kark
Recruit

Post by Kark »

The only thing I wish I could do is to be able to age them. The walker came already weathered and the sherman I added sand bags and such to it, it does look pretty cool though.
Kark
Recruit

Post by Kark »

I need to use other numbers that are not just the model number for HL.
Attachments
20240208_094551.jpg
20240208_094551.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 246 times
20240206_115901.jpg
20240206_115901.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 246 times
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada! Fellow used tank owner here, too. There's loads of good weathering threads on here, and this is my favourite tutorial by a very skilled modeler with a great approach. Even I managed a good result from his techniques!
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... armor.html

Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Kark. Wow seems like the newer members keep getting closer to my home. Anyway there are plenty of videos on Youtube of modelers demonstrating painting and weathering processes. I suggest=

Night Shift
Panzermeister36
Coldemonspl
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Introduce Yourself”