Tongde Churchill MK VII

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Panzer Fenris
Recruit

Re: Tongde Churchill MK VII

Post by Panzer Fenris »

Ad Lav wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:10 pm Probably around the £300 mark for all metal?
Quite likely, going by what their past offerings are going for through Forgebear.
I'm trying to think if there's anything that would balloon the price beyond that, but all in all the Churchill isn't a complex or particularly large tank.
There's really only the barrel recoil and moving hull mg, but that shouldn't add much. The M2 Bradley they sell also have some unique quirks and features, and that's not overpriced compared to their MBT's.
Current vehicles:
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. B (1/16 Torro Pro)
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E (1/16 HL 7.0)
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E (1/16 HL Vintage parts donor)
- WPL B14

Past vehicles:
- NM217 Bergepanser (1/1 KMW)
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Panzer Fenris wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:07 pm It's got barrel recoil, and the expected violent hull recoil. Maybe someone with earlier Tongde models can confirm whether this can be easily dialed down or turned off like on new Heng Longs?
Yes, there are a few functions in the electronics. Track recoil, speed and super spin are all adjustable or can be switched off. Or were on the Centurion.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Content of the kit. It should be availabe from March.

https://www.dklmrc.com/product/td_ccmk7
Attachments
FB_IMG_1706342740833.jpg
FB_IMG_1706342740833.jpg (61.19 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you for the update, Kaczor. I always look for your helpful and informative posts. Ugly as it may be, the Churchill is my image of the British tank since childhood. Of course, I have learned about other British AFVs, mostly here on RCTW and from books, but that image of the Churchill sticks with one for decade upon decade.
tankme

Post by tankme »

I wouldn't be one of those folks that ever wanted a Churchill over any other tank, but if a prebuilt one exists it might get added to the fleet. I seem to be gathering a whole British division...the Chieftain, the Centurion, a Comet, the Tortoise, and my Firefly. There is however a lack of good sound files for Clark boards for British vehicles - preloaded that is. I'm sure Stian has some great sound files for those vehicles.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I think its a great thing the Churchill is on the way en-mass.
I can see Hobarts Funnies out the yin-yang and if nothing else there is a good supply of track to drape over a British used Sherman !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Panzer Fenris
Recruit

Post by Panzer Fenris »

Thank you both RobW and Kaczor for the information.

That's about 20 dollars more than I expected for the metal one, and 20 less for the plastic one.
The shipping from DKLMRC makes it a tad rich for my tastes, so I reckon I'll hold off in hope that we get a European retailer in the coming months.
I'll get it eventually, but not for 500 dollars + taxes.
Current vehicles:
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. B (1/16 Torro Pro)
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E (1/16 HL 7.0)
- Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E (1/16 HL Vintage parts donor)
- WPL B14

Past vehicles:
- NM217 Bergepanser (1/1 KMW)
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

In continental Europe rctank.de will be distributor. The prices will be probably similar to M60 - from 250 EUR (basic plasic) to 450 EUR (metal tracks, gearbox etc.)
https://www.rctank.de/?k=526&lang=eng
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Kaczor wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:53 am In continental Europe rctank.de will be distributor. The prices will be probably similar to M60 - from 250 EUR (basic plasic) to 450 EUR (metal tracks, gearbox etc.)
https://www.rctank.de/?k=526&lang=eng

Dom seems to have a way of making things more expensive, I'm hoping they'll be 300 ish like the other TD metal stuff from forgebear
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Full metal for £300 would be acceptable!

Return to “Hobby News”