New builder in Wiltshire UK.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
menright
Recruit

New builder in Wiltshire UK.

Post by menright »

Hi, been meaning to build my first RC tank for some time and have now decided to do it so over the next few months would be very grateful of any advice when I get stuck. My build will not be based on any existing design but a 1/6 scale scratch build taking inspiration from a number of designs.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: New builder in Wiltshire UK.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Perhaps you have already found that there are a number of 1/6 RC tank builders here on RCTW. I am sure they and even those of us in smaller scales would enjoy more details of your efforts and photos. Of course, questions are always welcomed and your helping answer questions is great, too. Join the fun!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Menright,
There are tons of great large - scale Builds to look over and gather tips and inspiration from. Be sure to post pics of your progress and and come ask questions. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards and welcome again,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Welcome. I'm currently 3D printing a 1/6th scale KV-1 tank. I've also scratch built a few 1/6th scale vehicles for RC paintball combat use.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Thanks for the welcomes. I spend most of my time building stuff, website here: www.podpadstudios.com but it will be so nice to relax and take my time with this build, just for me. Not sure how to upload photos yet so most of my build videos go onto Youtube, www.youtube.com/podpadstudios.
Regards Mark
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

menright wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:39 pm Thanks for the welcomes. I spend most of my time building stuff, website here: www.podpadstudios.com but it will be so nice to relax and take my time with this build, just for me. Not sure how to upload photos yet so most of my build videos go onto Youtube, www.youtube.com/podpadstudios.
Regards Mark
Welcome to the forum Mark, from The New York.

You've got some great stuff going on there between the Dragons, Star Wars, Robots, Batman and Props. I'm excited to see what you work on here next. Say hello and welcome to Anna as well.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Introduce Yourself”