[WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: [WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

Post by ColemanCollector »

Hey, folks got the reference! An awful song from when novelty tunes would actually get Top 40 air time. The Streak, Disco Duck, Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting...gaaaack.

Mike.
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

That whitewash really brings out the work you put into the welds. :thumbup: Something I'm normally just too lazy to do along with some other omissions that would annoy the true modellers on here. Although I have gone back and removed the LHS antenna tubes off of my Taigen Tigers and matched the paint back up
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

99% Day.

Still haven't decided what to do for the jack mounts so it's just temp glued in cuz Mr. Bix loves stuff like that.

So all in, she has come a long way. Just a few bits to still do. I do have periscopes to finish, the brackets for the magical levitating jack. And I feel I'm forgetting something.

I'm sticking with the muddy tracks. I like the post Kharkov, damaged, spring 1943 look. I had to add track links and it's still too tight looking for me but I have other sets to mess with. Funny thing, I didn't know she had the Tiger I soundset till I was just messing with the settings before snapping these pics like 20 minutes ago. So yes she does sound like a growling Tiger.

I'm looking forward to get her outside in the muck for a proper show off. To date this is the longest project for me. November 1st 2023 to February 20th 2024.

Happy Birthday to me. Yes it really is my birthday today. :D
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Ooh smart :)
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Well, what can I say. Awesome work. Between your work, and your photography, I can’t wait for you to get it outside. Especially if it snows. You must be about the first to finish.

Oh! ‘Nd ‘Appy bothday, mi duck. Tonight is a none drinking night, so I will have a metaphorical drink with you on Thursday.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

She's come a long way=

Now here's a dumb question that I'm pondering. See how the HL sits. There is gap between the fender and tracks in the front with the traditional Tiger I track sag and look on my Taigen. Ok so the original pic of the HL has metal tracks and my just completed has plastic tracks, there is noticeable difference with how the hull sits. So it has nothing to do with the tracks or wheels, I'm wondering if stiffer springs for the Heng Long will provide a better stance.

Opinions?

Ad Lav wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:19 pmOoh smart :)
Thank You Adam.
Meter rat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:38 pm Well, what can I say. Awesome work. Between your work, and your photography, I can’t wait for you to get it outside. Especially if it snows. You must be about the first to finish.

Oh! ‘Nd ‘Appy bothday, mi duck. Tonight is a none drinking night, so I will have a metaphorical drink with you on Thursday.
Thank you Ian.

I had a lazy peaceful day.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

MrChef wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:22 pm She's come a long way=
HE certainly has, and looking a handsome beast. He is German, I believe they considered their tanks masculine :thumbup:
It would be wrong to miss gender them ;) :D

As for your not so dumb question. Maybe the gap above the tracks on your Taigen is a little on the large size :think:
Screenshot_20240221-161428.jpg
Screenshot_20240221-161428.jpg (724.5 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Attachments
Screenshot_20240221-162212.jpg
Screenshot_20240221-162212.jpg (455.12 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"There is gap...in the front with the traditional Tiger I track sag and look on my Taigen." There is? I just went to the optometrist who says my astigmatism is improving (with age, yet!). I just don't see it.

German uses the personal pronoun of the gender of the article marking the noun. "Panzer" is a masculine noun.

articles: Masculine "der" Feminine "die" Neuter "das"
pronoun: Masculine "er" Feminine "sie" Neuter "es"

All of this gender marking is pretty arbitrary: for example, "girl" is neuter: das Mädchen.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:29 pm "There is gap...in the front with the traditional Tiger I track sag and look on my Taigen." There is? I just went to the optometrist who says my astigmatism is improving (with age, yet!). I just don't see it.

German uses the personal pronoun of the gender of the article marking the noun. "Panzer" is a masculine noun.

articles: Masculine "der" Feminine "die" Neuter "das"
pronoun: Masculine "er" Feminine "sie" Neuter "es"

All of this gender marking is pretty arbitrary: for example, "girl" is neuter: das Mädchen.
Well I'm Not going with a "They" "Them"...

I still like dirty girls.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 pm As for your not so dumb question. Maybe the gap above the tracks on your Taigen is a little on the large size.
I'll do some measuring on equal flat surface when I get home later. I never compared them much before I started. I know the metal tracks sag more.

She's a She.

If the Gerry's called them by masculine terms what about Anneliese?
https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery ... anneliese/

Return to “Group Builds”