[WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: [WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

Post by Ecam »

That light next to the barrel in BB mode was to warn of an impending shot.

The decals look great. I find that the after a clear coat to seal up the paint job and decals it is then that I apply water based washes. Then if it needs fixing I can add or subtract what I want, and the washes help with the decals further (even the ones that come with the HL kits).
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"That light next to the barrel in BB mode was to warn of an impending shot." The allies really like that feature of the Tiger I.
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Post by cmryanuk »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:31 am I have one "early," one "mid" and one "late" Tiger I, all Taigen/Torro. I have so many projects going that these have sat in their crates in my living room for over five years, neatly serving as end tables, but protected from the ravages of coffee or wine by covers and coasters. Once in a while one comes out for a short test run and then packs neatly away again. Most would find this an indefensible fate, but such is my preference. The upstairs was once the domain of my late wife, but after thirteen years of caring for her because of Alzheimer's, I decided that my time left upkeep of the home would be the priority, but otherwise my own degenerate domain. @) Hence, there are no real end tables in my living room, although there is a chair (a "curbside" find that has been recovered twice over the past thirty years) and a "St. Vinny" couch.
The smoke tube re-route looks easy enough; the most difficult part is locating tubing that is both supple and the right i.d. and o.d. One of these days...
Well Herr Dr after the sad loss of your wife, and no doubt much loving care for her, no one can blame you for using tank crayes for furniture. I'm sure she is looking down on you expressing your creativity. God bless.
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

MrChef wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:22 am
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:47 am I am on my phone, not my PC, so I am even less certain about colors. However, the Tiger’s camouflage looks white and green, rather good for early winter/late spring. A touch of weathering, no whitewash = a winner! No?
Tamiya, TS-3 Dark Yellow and TS-4 German Grey...
Just catching up on your build Mr. Chef. This camo combo is the same I did on my very first paint job 3 years a go. I always liked the scheme and it looks great outside. However mine needed improving and since the whole tank needed a rebuild I have gone in a different direction. I also believe that the Kharkov Tiger 1's were some of the last 9 grey ones delivered and were originally winter camo'd and then yellow and gray for late spring. Either way I've always thought the yellow and grey was a striking camo. I know there is an image of it in the HS club thread so won't hijack this one by posting it
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:02 pm Just catching up on your build Mr. Chef. This camo combo is the same I did on my very first paint job 3 years a go. I always liked the scheme and it looks great outside. However mine needed improving and since the whole tank needed a rebuild I have gone in a different direction. I also believe that the Kharkov Tiger 1's were some of the last 9 grey ones delivered and were originally winter camo'd and then yellow and gray for late spring. Either way I've always thought the yellow and grey was a striking camo. I know there is an image of it in the HS club thread so won't hijack this one by posting it
Thank you for the support Panzermech. Yes I wanted to do something that wasn't "just" a Grey Tiger since I already have one. I have also come to find that there were only about 25 actual "Grey" Tigers. It is almost certain that the Das Reich Tigers for the 3rd battle of Kharkov were "Tropen", not Grey and Not yet Dunkelgelb as that order didn't happen till after these Tigers were shipped off for battle. I didn't want a just tan tank under the whitewash so I went with something more interesting for me at least.

Here's an early sneak peek of how the whitewash camo is coming along=

Lots more to come...
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Now that's washed out whitewash! What fine work, MrChef! I am a bit confused: why would Tigers at Kharkov be in tropical scheme, or was it just that the Germans were caught with nice gray targets, having yet no camouflage scheme for the eastern front?
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

A bit more progress=

ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Gettin' yer streak on! Looking good!

Mike.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:19 am Hmmm...............
Bwahahahahaha :haha: :haha: :haha:

I can honestly say I've Never seen or heard that one before, and I know a Lot of music and videos... :thumbup:

At any rate this is just the first step. Much more weathering, dirt, mud, dust to come.

Return to “Group Builds”