METAL HOOBEN T55 TRACKS

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

METAL HOOBEN T55 TRACKS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As titled, by any slim chance anyone has a set of metal tracks out there that suit the Hooben T55?
I can live with the plastic ones but if there are a pair of metal jobbies lying idle they would be much nicer
Cheers
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: METAL HOOBEN T55 TRACKS

Post by Raminator »

I found one set left on AliExpress if you're quick and pretend the price is in yen or lira. Early-style T-72 RMSh tracks would work too, but it doesn't look like anyone makes those.
Martin2556
Lance Corporal

Post by Martin2556 »

I recently ordered a set for my T-55 build directly from Hooben £135 inc shipping.

https://twin-horse.com/products/metal-t ... 9403953323
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Martin2556 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 am I recently ordered a set for my T-55 build directly from Hooben £135 inc shipping.

https://twin-horse.com/products/metal-t ... 9403953323
8O I can buy a new tank for that , exchange rate and postage are a killer down here. The Merkava cost me AUD$20 more :/
Such is life when your so far away from the hobby power house of Europe with Monopoly money for currency !!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Raminator wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:33 am I found one set left on AliExpress if you're quick and pretend the price is in yen or lira. Early-style T-72 RMSh tracks would work too, but it doesn't look like anyone makes those.
I have a set of RMSh tracks for the Hooben T-55A and a set of RMSh tracks for the Heng Long T-72. They tracks I have aren't interchangeable between the two tanks as the T-55A tracks are narrower and the T-72 version comes with it's own sprocket. The pattern on the sprocket is slightly different than the HL. The T-55A RMSh tracks were made by Kenny Kong and sold through Ludwigs. The T-72 RMSh tracks are currently made by Attracks. Both are/were pretty expensive. Why are the Hooben tracks narrower? Who knows as they are supposed to be interchangeable between the two tanks.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Early T54/55s had 13 tooth drive sprockets...........T55s had 14, perhaps thats the difference in models. Hooben is definitely a T54/55, well mine is anyway.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:45 am
Raminator wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:33 am I found one set left on AliExpress if you're quick and pretend the price is in yen or lira. Early-style T-72 RMSh tracks would work too, but it doesn't look like anyone makes those.
I have a set of RMSh tracks for the Hooben T-55A and a set of RMSh tracks for the Heng Long T-72. They tracks I have aren't interchangeable between the two tanks as the T-55A tracks are narrower and the T-72 version comes with it's own sprocket. The pattern on the sprocket is slightly different than the HL. The T-55A RMSh tracks were made by Kenny Kong and sold through Ludwigs. The T-72 RMSh tracks are currently made by Attracks. Both are/were pretty expensive. Why are the Hooben tracks narrower? Who knows as they are supposed to be interchangeable between the two tanks.
I think that's just manufacturing differences between the two brands. In reality they are the same track. I have them in my t72 and t55

Return to “Wanted”