Panther G Redux

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Panther G Redux

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Uh-oh: the competition is getting stiff. Except I can see us helping one-another with ideas so we all have fun and end up with some great tanks.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Yerr getting me excited Herr Dr.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:53 am Well as for HengLong, I have in the waiting a Sherman and a KV-2, both with HengLong metal upgrades.
I just did my KV1 last winter so I'd lean towards the Sherman because I don't have one or anything American yet. It wouldn't have to be winter camo it could just be our friendly winter project. Although a HL Sherman 105, battle of the bulge would do. I was leaning towards super cheap on the tank, like say an "Upgrade version" for $150 all in from Motion RC on my end, or a "Pro" version for $199. if that's what you have. Doing it just for the fun, paint process, finishing and weathering, no extra parts or metal or upgrades.

I have on my list a Leningrad Tiger I, but if you don't have one I can wait.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:53 am(I also have an IDF Merkava as well as some other contemporary tanks, none likely to have ever been in winter camouflage.)
I'm not into modern tanks yet and I already decided my first will be a Leopard and I know for certain the Leo requires upgrades.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:53 am"Heck anyone could join us." I was thinking--and hoping--the same. Maybe you and I could decide on the tank and then start a dual build thread, but advertise it as open for others, too.
I like this too since I don't see nearly as much activity on this site as I do in Facebook RC tank groups or even in the Tank of the Month thread here.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:53 amI favor "the best you can on the cheap...budget would only apply to the tank, not paint and products...[has to be] a functional RC tank." In fact, I would be in favor of "finishing products only," i.e. not extra metal or 3D parts. I say this because I want to keep my hobby spending under control. (He says, :/ ) I am open to your ideas on this fun.
I totally love this. Heck I could even do the less expensive plastic Sherman with your metal one. There would be some different techniques, we could share and get ideas from each other and other members.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:13 am I might be in on this.......................tank model availability dependent of course.
Oh shit, errr I mean Awesome!!! lol... J/K.

Well You just knocked it out of the park with your KV2 recently so that's out for both of us. But I do remember seeing you posting something amusing about Sherman's recently on ecams post and ohh so true-
HERMAN BIX wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:36 am These Shermans seem to have more combinations than a Rubik's bloody cube :wtf:
Big hatch,small hatch, cast, welded, hybrid, stretched, 75mm,76mm, 17pdr, 105, M10,M36, aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crazy: :crazy: :headbang: :headbang:

:sick: a sea of green Shermans, tearing at my skin :shifty:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :crazy: :P :clap:

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:18 am Uh-oh: the competition is getting stiff. Except I can see us helping one-another with ideas so we all have fun and end up with some great tanks.
I agree. Lets sort this out. I need a new project. All are welcome that's what this community is all about.

Chef
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Ecam wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:51 pm Most of us grind or saw the bubble flush with the housing and add a lens cover to it. Cheap and fairly effective.
Thank you. Where do we find these lens covers again?

Umm grinding, sawing. I'm sorry guys. I think I'm past that point since I finished this tank last month and am posting up now slowly.

Chef
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Ad Lav wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:51 pm Taking shape nicely!
Thank you Adam. I really appreciate it.

Anton
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

All back together. Everything works as it did before I stripped it down. Which to me is amazing. Plus it works with my new skill at soldering which I am totally blown away with...

Here she is sans hubcaps for a shakedown run to make sure all is up to snuff.

Next, on to weathering, pigments, dirt, etc...
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Mild streaking and pigments because I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out and I don't want to just dirty, muddy and rust it up. Plus I have a personal thing with in service tanks being rust buckets. So Many tanks didn't last long enough to rust.

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

The grime on the wheels is very good.

I need to up my game on the weathering front but always shy away from heavy weathering.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Ad Lav wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:33 am The grime on the wheels is very good.

I need to up my game on the weathering front but always shy away from heavy weathering.
Thank you very much. This is me being very conservative.

And I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the support.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Link to the Show Off Run In the Wild- viewtopic.php?t=34765

Return to “Heng Long Builds”