Heng long leopard 2A6 7.0 quick build

Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng long leopard 2A6 7.0 quick build

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Meter rat wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:03 pm Thank you for another excellent tutorial.
Thanks! And sorry for not getting back sooner, had a nuts amount of work on.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Hi all!

The next 2 bits, to bore the living bananas out of you! 😂

https://youtu.be/9M7A3leaJ3I?si=0uDaTrhb-fCO3vHs

https://youtu.be/ung8zzD1KYg?si=PldHu7bXALD_P-ma
Attachments
IMG_8081.jpeg
IMG_8081.jpeg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 25574 times
IMG_8086.jpeg
IMG_8086.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 25574 times
C80843BE-DB39-44BE-BFF9-70CF353557A4.jpeg
C80843BE-DB39-44BE-BFF9-70CF353557A4.jpeg (2.89 MiB) Viewed 25574 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Just to let you know somebody's paying attention, a subscriber, I have been watching this "build" all along, so will check 'em out a.s.a.p.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear All

Happy new year! And here’s the next bits, hope your all very well, and a running vid to show that I think the final drive bearings help?!?!

BEGINNERS GUIDE, HENG LONG LEOPARD 2A6 7.0, MIG PIN WASH & OILBRUSHERS TUTORIAL #howto
https://youtu.be/vWLRJ0WR6-c

Running vid

HENG LONG LEOPARD 2A6 7.0 TEST RUN, MUD, GRASS, & DEEP PUDDLES. ALL PLASTIC, & FINAL DRIVE BEARINGS
https://youtu.be/STW3DpAjIhU
Attachments
IMG_8911.jpeg
IMG_8911.jpeg (180.57 KiB) Viewed 25320 times
IMG_7973.jpeg
IMG_7973.jpeg (529.05 KiB) Viewed 25320 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from HengLong were to contact you about using your video. You make me want to follow your tips and take on a modern tank build after I finish the T26E3 and FAMO.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

I'll say it again. Great work. You put into video format explaining the way I went about treating and weathering my first tanks. I watched a lot of armor modeling you tube vids to teach and guide me.

Thank you for taking your time and effort to do this for others. What a great way to promote the hobby to newcomers and others who haven't hopped the fence yet.

Maybe the video should have a warning that once you start, it becomes a snowball rolling down a steep slippery slope.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Thank you for another informative video. I’m very tempted to buy a basic Leopard and have a go at your methods.
fullysemiautomatic
Recruit

Post by fullysemiautomatic »

You did a great job on this paint job . I am tackling this as a noob, and I was trying to do the headlight mod and messed up my headlights. I also tried to coat it clear flat, and it totally messed up the finish. I tried to do windows, and the acrylic I bought will not snap easily after scoring it. So I am using a dremel to shape every window. :D

I wish I could make this thing look as nice.

On a side note, I found out that mineral spirits will not destroy the plastic or the factory paint; however, acetone will.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

fullysemiautomatic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:02 am You did a great job on this paint job . I am tackling this as a noob, and I was trying to do the headlight mod and messed up my headlights. I also tried to coat it clear flat, and it totally messed up the finish. I tried to do windows, and the acrylic I bought will not snap easily after scoring it. So I am using a dremel to shape every window. :D

I wish I could make this thing look as nice.

On a side note, I found out that mineral spirits will not destroy the plastic or the factory paint; however, acetone will.
Welcome fullysemiautomatic. :wave:
Good of you to join us, but it is the polite thing to do, is an introduction, in the introductory section first. It’s a very British thing. This is to encourage you to participate, and we can help with answers. So I have read that you are newby, but fear not you will be helped.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:30 am I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from HengLong were to contact you about using your video. You make me want to follow your tips and take on a modern tank build after I finish the T26E3 and FAMO.
Hi! The modern stuff is kinda rewarding, and you have less to break on it, if you know what I mean! 😂
I really want to work out the gun stabilisation stuff!
Sorry I’ve taken ages to get back.

Return to “Modern Builds”