BERGEPANZER III REDUX

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: BERGEPANZER III REDUX

Post by Raminator »

Awesome brass work on the torch, Herman! All the tools and parts and accoutrements will bring this one to life.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

When I was in High School, Bix, the acetylene tanks did have round bottoms. We had to hold up the tank while lighting the torch and welding. That way "Shop" class became "Gym" class, too. :lolno:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Most had and have a ring around them to allow them to stand up.
I didnt bother too much with that detail, just happy to have a reasonable looking set up.
There is a neat accessory on its way from overseas so I cant yet fix the contents of the wooden workspace. just in case I cant fit it all in, so the wait is under way ;)

I have plenty on to keep me from running into traffic with scissors :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Nice work Herman and great to see some of these impressive models being finished. I've been a bit out of the loop lately but if you don't mind me asking, what happened to Ken? I met him a few years ago at a hobby show in Canberra when the Hobby Havoc forum was in it's heyday and the news of his passing has come as quite a surprise.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent modeling and creativity!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

B_Man wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:54 am Nice work Herman and great to see some of these impressive models being finished. I've been a bit out of the loop lately but if you don't mind me asking, what happened to Ken? I met him a few years ago at a hobby show in Canberra when the Hobby Havoc forum was in it's heyday and the news of his passing has come as quite a surprise.
There are details that Im not able to go into mate, but it was sudden and tragic for all. As with all events such as this, the family is left in pieces and taking care of affairs' is a lot more work than one thinks.
I did feel very weird when I was assisting in cleaning up & inventorying, like the big fella was going wander in & belt me for mucking around with his stuff, but sadly, that would have been a good outcome over the reality.
Life as is said, like it or not & harsh as it is, goes on, and if I can restore some pride to some of his least coveted models, Im happy with that.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jimster wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:58 am Excellent modeling and creativity!
Thanks Mr Jimster, the fundamentals are there but just needed tidying & finishing.
After I made the cranes for him for this thing and a King Tiger Berg, I did wonder why I didnt get to making one for myself at the time................little did I know :eh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks to a very generous and enthusiastic modeller that had a spare, I was very fortunate to receive a Tiger radiator & fan assembly that was from the recent release Andy’s Hobby HQ .
Once cleaned up and painted, a little bit of light weathering was applied to take the new look off and ready to go onto a quickly made pallet .
I still have to place straps of chains as slings to lift it, but pretty stoked with the visual enhancement this part has made.

Thanks to the person for his vision, generosity and common interest that I came to have such an accessory. He knows who that is and I extend my humblest thanks .
(Insert palm tree emoji)

We have a show here this weekend and I really hope to have it ready & presentable.
IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2529.jpeg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1279 times
IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2542.jpeg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 1279 times
IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2546.jpeg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1279 times
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 1279 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Great "stuff" Bix. It's fun thinking up loads for the back of service vehicles, and you have done admirably. Of course, there will be show photos, right? ;)
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Fantastic Bix! Even just the humble pallet came out great.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Heng Long Builds”