Old R\C Aircraft radio gear recycled for model Tanks

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

Re: Old R\C Aircraft radio gear recycled for model Tanks

Post by modler »

Guten Tag Herr Professor, I had a little time available so I checked the instructions for my Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog (1973 version) and it looks like they corrected the assembly error in the instructions.

I also have the (1969 version) Motorized Remote Control M41 Walker Bulldog Tank but I do not have the instructions or box for that one.
Attachments
That is the only position that B8 works to hold the upper Hull on the chassis.
That is the only position that B8 works to hold the upper Hull on the chassis.
IMG_0480.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 207 times
Looks good here, Oh, the B8 part in question is missing from my 1969 M41. You can see from part A10 that these instructions are for the static version of the M41.<br />Part B8 is not glued in, it clicks into place.
Looks good here, Oh, the B8 part in question is missing from my 1969 M41. You can see from part A10 that these instructions are for the static version of the M41.
Part B8 is not glued in, it clicks into place.
IMG_0479.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 207 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Old R\C Aircraft radio gear recycled for model Tanks

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Well that's interesting. Here's my guess: the error in the instructions has happened much more recently. About six or seven years ago, one of the Tuesday "Make Modeling Mediocre Again" friends built a recent re-release of the Tamiya Walker Bulldog. As he was building M41, the modeler, a former Marine, a likeable and good natured man, let out a %#@^*()^%$#@%^& that made us all stop to ask what happened. He cemented that bulkhead in the previous week and then discovered the error as he was trying to test fit the upper hull to the lower hull. I started my own kit a few weeks later and, forewarned, turned the bulkhead around for no problem.

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”