LAST OF ITS KIND

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

LAST OF ITS KIND

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In the near future Im going to do a KV2.
They are becoming more available now, and this one has been a long held subject idea pending a tank being available.
Some handy links below for historical info.

https://iam-krasnoyarsk.livejournal.com/126706.html
https://www.plasticpanzers.com/phpBB/vi ... =10&t=2009

Ole uncle 'Night Shift' is doing one too, so its really cemented the desire to build one.
I sold the only white wash Soviet tank I did(and regretted it) so I dont actually have a winterised Russian tank.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: LAST OF ITS KIND

Post by jee »

cool,
can you do something with this website too: http://battlefield.ru/photos/category/22-kv2.html

I also have some books in PDF about KV-1 and 2.
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I, too, Bix, have some books on the KV-1 and 2, thought not in .pdf form. But if you get stuck, I might be able to find some info.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

KV 2 on the way..................just hope its not got a turbine engine :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Herman,
Now that my Health is stabilizing after a One-Two Punch from Covid and the Flu, I'm turning my eye to the next Build. I have a KV 2 Big Barn Turret build awaiting some work. May have to drag it out and massage it while you work on yours.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thats a crappy 1-2 punch alright mate :problem: :problem:
Im looking forward to this one in my typical rough & damaged Soviet style, it should be a fun project.
V7 it is but Im not confident it wont be a terrible sound set..............
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
That looks like one similar to what Alpha used to go his GUP Gigant in Winter camo. I recall he had to do a lot of interior rigging to get the barrel recoil to work with a Servo or summat. Looking forward to yours!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Painless, you're right. I had bought a resin KV-1 from Phil Edwards back before any company was making an RC one, and I also bought his optional KV-2 turret in case I wanted to go that way. But I never did use it, and some years later Alpha, (once he found out I had an unwanted one), decided he wanted to make the GuP one in the movie. So he bought a KV-1 from Mato Mart and had a great time working on it, (although like you said, he did a lot of head-scratching trying to figure out the gun recoil). I remember him saying that the resin from Phil Edwards was some of the best he'd ever seen - cast well, great surface texture, free of bubbles and blemishes, and neither too soft nor too brittle. For Christmas one year, I got him a 1/16 set of the two Soviet GuP figures to go with it, and he was very pleased. Thank you for the memories.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I often wonder about where his stuff is now?
Hope it’s not gone out in a garage sale .
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”