Radiomaster TX16S Emergency Mode

Discuss your radio gear here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Radiomaster TX16S Emergency Mode

Post by Jimster »

Holy crap! Took my RC gunboat to the creek this evening when suddenly a giant 100 pound German Shepherd shows up and splashes all around me. The boat survived but my radio got splashed pretty good. Dog ended up being friendly but not very RC savvy. This happened as I was about to leave so I packed up my stuff and drove home. I decided to drive my Tiger around the backyard so I turned on my radio. It let me change models from gunboat to my Tiger1 and then suddenly the radio displayed Emergency Mode on the screen! Oh no! It would not turn off with the power button! It kept displaying “Emergency Mode” on the screen. YouTube was no help. I blew compressed air carefully into the radio openings without success. Finally I held the power button down for about a full minute and it shut off. Upon turning it back on it’s worked perfectly ever since. Just thought I would share my crazy scary moment with you all.
I try to be very careful with my radio but the giant German Shepard was definitely an unforeseen event!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Radiomaster TX16S Emergency Mode

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, there is also the hair dryer solution, but you have to open the emitter, and put on normal power, it is the drops of water that risk causing a Short circuit between the legs of the components, if it works well again, so much the better ,more fear than harm :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Hair dryer is a great idea. Wish I had hair. Wait, my wife does have a hair dryer!
Shotek
Private

Post by Shotek »

In general, in such a situation I would definitely recommend as a first step to disconnect the battery as quickly as possible, just to eliminate the risk of a short circuit caused by moisture and subsequent disposal of the electronics.
Exactly as the previous speaker wrote.

And to plug back in only after thorough drying, rather to extend the drying time a bit than to rush and then regret.
Most of the time a simple fan is enough to get the air flowing around for couple of hours. If it's warm at the same time, all the better.

But not all electronics allow disconnection, that's a fact too... :problem:

So good luck, fingers crossed.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes. It’s fine now and all suggestions and info is much appreciated. I probably got lucky as hell. I do have a nasty habit of rushing into things and paying for it later.
Shotek
Private

Post by Shotek »

Jimster wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:22 pm Yes. It’s fine now and all suggestions and info is much appreciated. I probably got lucky as hell. I do have a nasty habit of rushing into things and paying for it later.
That's right, luck was with you this time IMHO.
I wish it sticks with you in the future as well, or at least the price is as low as possible if it doesn't turn out well.

:thumbup:

Return to “Radio Gear”