Modular buildings

stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Re: Modular buildings

Post by stu_the_flat »

I can't afford to model the amount of Sherman tanks A tiger could knock out! :) Its a smoke pellet that is used for finding leaks in drains, the trick is to use just enough to make it atmospheric but not so much the the neighbours call the fire brigade! :)
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Progress report... I've made some. If I knew I was going to go with this style I would have cut the windows smaller as it looks a bit more tudor than fachwerkImage

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Close enough for Govt work! :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Tiger6 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:45 pm Close enough for Govt work! :thumbup:
Hahaha. Do you do Mother In-Law jokes too, this is much better than government work ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes, but what Stuart has in mind is "close enough for Fachwerk."
O.K. ... no more puns for... oh a few minutes.
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:07 pm Yes, but what Stuart has in mind is "close enough for Fachwerk."
My only regret is that I did not think of this myself ;D
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Windows and doors .. I was walking the dog this Sunday morning and thought that I really wanted to use coffee stirring sticks to use for the details.

I walked up to the town centre just as the local chain coffee shop was opening. I didn't think it was classy to empty the wee serving trolley so I when I ordered my coffee I asked the server if I would be allowed "a handful of stirrers" I said it was for a doll's House as that is a shorter and still pretty much true reason.

"Oh I don't know about that, I'll have to get the manager" I said it didn't matter but the manager gave me about 10 sticks in a way that could tell was the best way to placate this weirdo that had walk into the shop which was cool.

Walking back two separate people stopped me in the street as they had over heard it and had pilfered the serving trolly on my behalf!

I've also just released how badly I have shaped the windows. When I actually stopped to think about the shutters Ive built something more 70s area. But I shall continue. Image

Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

boxes of sticks are available on Amazon quite cheaply, but I guess you are well sorted now :haha:

Another cheap source of planking is laboratory splints - https://www.rapidonline.com/rapid-wood- ... 00-52-0135. These are rough cut open grained softwood, so it takes a water based stain very well.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Thanks tiger6 those look exactly like what I am currently building with!

I've managed to get a bit more milage out of this project. While I was rummaging around eBay looking for Dolls house glass for the windows I found these WWII propaganda posters. I was really struck by how different they felt between then nations. And in particular the German posters. So what I have done is started to work on both sides of the wall. One side traditional German and the other side a war torn french village. This is the same board just flipped 180 degrees.

ImageImage

Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

And now you have moved to a new level of scenery :thumbup:
Next level - You need to put a smoker in that ruin 8|

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”