T90 'Z' TWEETY-BIRD

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

T90 'Z' TWEETY-BIRD

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, as I'm on a roll with Russian/Soviet stuff, and there is a very relevant combat theatre in which these vehicles are being used, Aaannddd that they have a roughness bordering on derelict, I thought I would keep the flow going & do my new T90 gifted by the family to help me cope with the passing of our little dog recently :(
Cope...............the key word.

I have not coped very well with the loss of my companion of 15 years, and the Russian Military has not coped very well with contemporary tactics & advances in weaponry, namely ATGM's despite the advent of "The Cope Cage"
Rather than a specific vehicle , Im going to do a plausible vehicle that would be in service yesterday or last month, or tomorrow, that reflects the overall look and feeling of the T90's in service in the current action in Ukraine.

Now.................lets get this bit sorted :think:
Its a model tank, not a position of support or political statement ok :eh: so lets not get bent out of shape over the subject material. :yawn:

This is my first ever MBT and its the first H/L tank I have ever needed to read the instructions on carefully ! ;)
A V7 full option with metal tracks, steel gearboxes, metal roadwheels, idlers and drive sprockets.
oh , and a 360 degree turret rotation already in it.
Plus, an huge amount of sprue parts to go on it.

Based on comments I have found during research for this, they all advise painting the final green over the tank before fitting the accessories.
Then once they are all on, do the final primer & paint over the added bits.
So thats the way I will approach this.
As its a V7 version, I might try to get it on a 6.1s instead.No servo control on a V7 and no stock of a 7.1 down here yet.
I reckon it needs recoil.
Attachments
478272EB-AA82-4DE9-B9A2-B2FC53FD2937.jpeg
and this
and this
u9o09ssz31381.jpg (69.44 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
got to have this shambles on it!
got to have this shambles on it!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: T90 'Z' TWEETY-BIRD

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Friend. Not having matching lifespans with them is one of life's injustices. At least, they are never really gone, just asleep within the hearts of those who loved them.
The tank. Looking forward to another rollicking Build to follow.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Can I second the condolences on the loss of you faithful friend. In the course of my long period on this planet I have been gifted with the company of many canine and feline companions and the eventual parting with each leaves a sore imprint that takes an age to depart. Truly an animal companion leaves pawprints on your heart and your memories.

Coming back to the T90 I can hardly wait to see what your creative juices wreak on this new project.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks lads, I know you know how it feels :S

This thing sure has a lot of appendages!
I will begin disassembly today but I have begun the early investigation of how to mount the Tweety-cage.
It will need to be brass, but how I’m going to get the solder to not release as I add more bars is a thing to be addressed.
Heat soaking with a wet rag should prevent heat transfer from one to the other, but it’s going to be a mission.
As is my M.O on most of my models a degree of panel damage will be in order, especially on a tank involved in urban combat as the pictures of T-series tanks have shown recently.
Attachments
71649099-AB92-45B7-A614-1988B8B14192.jpeg
817DF889-4EE6-47E5-BAC0-F1A2F835B057.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am a bit limited for time just now, Bix, but I will soon search back in the February pet thread for photos of your late, dear pal. I feel a touch of you sadness, but I know from repeated experience that overall it’s worthwhile enduring some sadness for all the loving gain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I am a bit limited for time just now, Bix, but I will soon search back in the February pet thread for photos of your late, dear pal. I feel a touch of you sadness, but I know from repeated experience that overall it’s worthwhile enduring some sadness for all the loving gain.
You wont find an entry there mate................its not what I do when it comes to the dearest to me....

On tanks however, this one is half difficult-half easy, but not in any order :/
The lower is relatively easy, I.E. theres not much to do.
Ive just removed the tyres from the roadwheels and hit the lower hull with primer.The smell of primer drives me nuts :shifty: :shh:
So its done & ready to be made into the modern version of 4BO !
Attachments
1F97FEB3-8949-40A0-BBE2-D2D2FDA0CF10.jpeg
31B00C32-51E6-428F-A7E9-B48DAFEDA226.jpeg
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Beginning on the upper now. True to form I just can’t have a factory new tank, and as the machines now seen getting around the Ukrainian countryside are in various degrees of dishevelment , I’ve removed one front mud flap and one rear rubber skirt.
Once cleaned up and thinned out properly the effect should look convincing enough.
Attachments
3B522E28-BBAC-4D87-A3BD-B254DE43D0D2.jpeg
34090320-F8E2-4DB1-AD1E-1B5226AB33FB.jpeg
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

What is the modern version of 4BO?
Does Tamiya do such a colour?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Aussie wrote:What is the modern version of 4BO?
Does Tamiya do such a colour?
Nah mate, I make me own ! ;)
A jar of XF-58 Olive green and a jar of XF-89 Dark green 2 is the formula, which is slightly light, but will darken once washed with either magic Grime from Mr Newboy, or some other wash product.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I simply could not cope with slow progress.
Figured if I bunged some primer on the bits, it would help me to push on with the project............. :think:
All the written advice from those that have done these is to paint the base and accessories as much as possible to avoid uncovered spots.
I guess I need to do a quick green now :problem:
Attachments
E63DE0C0-10D6-434A-AECA-38AA4B948E90.jpeg
E79475AD-62D1-4C8D-AA6D-446FDEFCA07D.jpeg
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Modern Builds”