anyone tried 9.6 volts batteries for el-mod

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Steenv
Sergeant

anyone tried 9.6 volts batteries for el-mod

Post by Steenv »

hi

have anyone tried to go from the traditional 7.2 v batteries to 9.6 v? Will it really give more power

cheers
Steen
Best regards
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: anyone tried 9.6 volts batteries for el-mod

Post by wibblywobbly »

I tried 9.6v with the jumpers on the German tank/Metal tracks setting and it hardly made any difference. The reason being that the board (by design) restricts the power getting to the motors. This can be changed if you buy the configurator module, but that is an expensive option.

The quickest fix is to use the Fun Tank setting eg 000, this allows a full 7.2v to the motors and it then behaves normally. Thomas told me this. Their claim that the board is configured to emulate a real Tiger confuses the issue. You will need a very light tank for it to work in 'Tiger' mode. Mine weighs 6kg, and although they claim that the board will function with this weight in Tiger mode, it doesn't, there is a massive reduction in power.

Fun Tank mode only affects the acceleration and turret turn speed, and it is much, much better. Matt took some video of mine at the Cobbaton meet, this is in Fun Tank mode, and running standard HL white cap motors, standard Tiger metal gearboxes, and a 4600mah 7.2v battery. The battery lasted for a couple of hours use and never went flat.

1/16 IRAD cobbaton meet

Hope this helps.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Steenv
Sergeant

Post by Steenv »

Thanks Rob, I will go for the 000 settings and see if it makes a difference.

By the way - like the building "Rene's Cafe" in you video  ;D That series was fun and as I heard it, the most succesfull BBC tvserie production ever.

cheers
Steen
Best regards
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ah, so you know all about the painting of Madonna with the big boobies, and the egg whisk! lol
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Steenv
Sergeant

Post by Steenv »

ohh yes  ;D

I shall say this only once

FANTASTIC

Did you watch "The return of the Allo Allo" where most of the actors reunited and gave the last show?

cheers
Steen
Best regards
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I can't recall it, but I probably did. It's quite sad that no one makes comedy like that anymore. I can watch Dad's Army repeats forever, I absolutely love the humour!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “El-Mod”