Schwimmwagen schwimmt nicht!

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Schwimmwagen schwimmt nicht!

Post by EAO »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I am reactivating this discussion to ask how in tarnation one is to get these guys behind the steering wheel of a Toro Schwimmwagen. The only solution I can figure out is to put them into the box a magician uses to saw the pretty lady in half. :haha:
Any help?
1-16-figure-driver-schwimmwagen 2.jpg
1-16-figure-schwimmwagen-driver.jpg
Is there a 1/16 figure of Douglas Bader available somewhere? :D
Roy! For shame! Actually that was funny as hell!

Oh, and while I have the good Herr Dr. and you together, what are "fart suppressing underpants"?!?! :eh: :think: Enquiring minds want to know....and so does my Wife! :/ :{

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

It’s way past time for an answer to the pressing question about die Furzvernichtenunterhose. As I age, the matter becomes pressing.
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

I actually got the driver in without surgery or damaging the wagen. Hell if I know how I did it though, just kind of tried different angles and wiggling and such. Eventually he went in.

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Well, that took guts and determination! It looks as if the gunner is busy while the driver is leaning on the horn. (If wonder if there a horn activated by the steering wheel cap.)

My usual solution, accomplished with the saw, was practiced on yet unpainted figures. I suppose I will just cringe and try your wiggle-in-place strategy. Maybe I can play some old disco music to help the driver along. :haha:
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

The funker on the other hand, he will NOT go in without removing the metal crossbrace first, then putting it bac on after he's in, and even then, the bar interferes with his hands and the radio.

I wish Torro would bring back the M16, or at least an M3A1, and give us a 251, standard GP, and a Kubel. Even if their electronics are bad, they can be replaced.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"I wish Torro would bring back the M16, or at least an M3A1, and give us a 251, standard GP, and a Kubel." Yes! I know that a fellow from Taigen (Eric is his name, if I remember correctly) sometimes monitored and participated on one of the US lists, but I don't know if anyone monitors this list. Doing so is not exactly reliable "market research," but if nothing else it can get ideas started for further market research.

HINT HINT HINT
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:"I wish Torro would bring back the M16, or at least an M3A1, and give us a 251, standard GP, and a Kubel." Yes! I know that a fellow from Taigen (Eric is his name, if I remember correctly) sometimes monitored and participated on one of the US lists, but I don't know if anyone monitors this list. Doing so is not exactly reliable "market research," but if nothing else it can get ideas started for further market research.

HINT HINT HINT
RCU. He's still on there.
Harry Serpent
Private

Post by Harry Serpent »

A WIP, have scratched my own dash as the the supplied dash is from a VW beetle
Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
there is a lot of modification possible.
First the drivers panel:
Aramatafel.jpg
Tyres and rims:
Ersatzrad.jpg
Ersatzrad.jpg (51.97 KiB) Viewed 798 times
color and dirt:
SW2-6.jpg
SW2-7.jpg
SW2-7.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

In addition to your capable reconstruction of the dash panel, you did some fine work on the weathering. How did you make the cover over the windshield? I would like to make a similar one for a US vehicle I am s-l-o-w-l-y finishing.

Return to “Unboxing”