first RC tank

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
oz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

first RC tank

Post by oz »

just a quick update on how my 1st RC tank is coming on, so far its going together and painting up fine, the only problem i do have is a gap at the bottom of the rear hull plate which hopefully wont be too hard to sort out, i just pray when its all finished it still works, gotta admit this is better than the modeling i normally do.  :D   
Last edited by oz on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norse
Lance Corporal

Re: first RC tank

Post by Norse »

If you dont want to remove the rear hull plate just get a bit of modelling stuff (Green stuff if ya got a games workshop nearby) and fill the gap with that
oz

Post by oz »

thanks Norse, i don't know how it happened but everytime i dry fitted it together there was no problem, but when i put it together for real i ended up with a gap, sods law i suppose !!!!! i,ll nip into games workshop tomorrow cheers. 
Fantom13
Recruit

Post by Fantom13 »

nice paint mate, love the minor touches with the chains,cables etc, maybe ill be brave enough to tackle mine with an airbrush at some point :)
look forward to seeing more
If it moves shoot it! If it dont, shoot it ,it might move later!
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

My jaw dropped as soon as I saw it - it's beautiful, I think I'm in love lol
Norse
Lance Corporal

Post by Norse »

0z.....this might sound stupid but is that a HL, Tamiya or WSN tiger? :P i really cant tell
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

Beautiful Tiger 1.If my first tank turns out anywhere near as good as this I'll be well chuffed.
oz

Post by oz »

thanks guys,  i really appreciate your kind comments, the only real problem i am having regarding the weathering is the scrapes and chipping, when i paint them on they look just that,,,,,, painted on, so i might  try and actually scrape and scratch the paint work instead, hi Norse, its the HL, with a few extras and a some scratch built detail and generally detailing the original parts and spending too much time trawling through my tiger books  looking for extra bits to add on, but the more i look the more i find!!!!!!! jeez i need to get a life. ;D ;D ;D  i used to do 1/35 scale armour until i discovered the big stuff........
Last edited by oz on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice , looks like we are both from the same company,skp/ss pzrgt 22 ss panzer grenadier division das reich  mines  s 23
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

0z wrote: thanks guys,  i really appreciate your kind comments, the only real problem i am having regarding the weathering is the scrapes and chipping, when i paint them on they look just that,,,,,, painted on, so i might  try and actually scrape and scratch the paint work instead, hi Norse, its the HL, with a few extras and a some scratch built detail and generally detailing the original parts and spending too much time trawling through my tiger books  looking for extra bits to add on, but the more i look the more i find!!!!!!! jeez i need to get a life. ;D ;D ;D  i used to do 1/35 scale armour until i discovered the big stuff........
wow what is that second tank down? its either the angle thats putting me off of ive never seen it before?

cheers,

Matt

Return to “Show Off”