Twin motor mounts

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
wibblywobbly
Major

Twin motor mounts

Post by wibblywobbly »

This may be of interest to some of the guys with trucks and printers

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Twin motor mounts

Post by jarndice »

This very interesting clip should come with a health warning,
DONT EVER USE AN ELECTRIC DRILL WITHOUT FIRST MAKING THE ITEM TO BE DRILLED SECURE, :crazy:
Your fingers will not do, :thumbdown:
That way lies an express trip to A&E. :{
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing Shaun, but then realised that's exactly what I do
Cheers Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Wayne we all do things we shouldn't but I am very sure I would not deliberately put it on film, :{
And anyway I was hoping that somewhere in the clip he/she would tell us where they got the Winch from and how did they go about fitting it.
Shaun.
NigelDerEnglander
Lance Corporal

Post by NigelDerEnglander »

Banggood have several RC car winches:

https://www.banggood.com/search/winch/1 ... 0_p-1.html

Nige
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Nigel,
I have looked at just about every winch in the model world and they are primarily 1/10 scale and I am reluctant to spend my hard earned on something that is so out of 1/16 to be acceptable to the eye,
If you or anyone can recommend a particular model winch that actually looks right and offer the necessary details I would be most grateful.
I am selfish enough to let somebody else spend their money on the wrong product instead of me being the one and if it is a proper drum winch I would buy two,
One for the truck and one for my M16 Half Track.
Shaun.
NigelDerEnglander
Lance Corporal

Post by NigelDerEnglander »

Hi Shaun,

Sorry, you asked where he got the winch from and didn't state you didn't want an equally ridiculously out-of-scale one!
:D
Yes, I have two WPL trucks on the way from Gearbest (M35 and GAZ) and also an M16 and putting in a scale winch on them would be a feature I'd like.

Given the numbers of these WPL/HL trucks that appear to be being sold, surely some enterprising Chinese manufacturer will spot the gap in the market and scale one of their existing products down to something that could just about look right in 1/16?
o-
...Anybody...?
???

Nige
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

jarndice wrote:This very interesting clip should come with a health warning,
DONT EVER USE AN ELECTRIC DRILL WITHOUT FIRST MAKING THE ITEM TO BE DRILLED SECURE, :crazy:
Your fingers will not do, :thumbdown:
I'd like to add that you should also not use undersized bits in an electric drill, especially if you are holding whatever it is you're drilling. For the last six weeks I've been finding spots of blood on the wall, floor and door in a two metre radius from where I last tried that. :{
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I just consider it a part of the hobby, I am forever cutting and scratching myself, those surgical steel blades will slice into skin at the merest touch. I don't see what the problem is, I cut myself and either it stops or I stick a plaster on it? I could do as much damage doing the gardening?? I'm not going to 'not do something' just because I might scratch myself, I would never do anything if I thought that way. Compared to previous past times like off road motorcycling where I could break my knee miles from civilisation and ride the bike 40 miles home, or riding on the road and find myself sliding down tarmac at 60 mph, a cut on the finger seems pretty irrelevant. As a teenager I used to go pot holing with friends, scaling underground waterfalls etc, wearing nothing more than a t-shirt, jeans and trainers, and carrying nothing more than a knackered torch. I'm still alive! :wave:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Wibbly Hi, I am not an advocate of Health & Safety BUT at the Taxpayers expense I would throw myself out of Military Aircraft wherever in the World the Taxpayer ordered me too but not before the Army ensured I was Fit, Trained and properly equipped,
We go Scuba Diving each Summer in and around the Indian Ocean But we are trained and well equipped and we never dive before a third party has checked our gear,
I love Motorcycling and am the proud owner of a 1200 naked bike that gives my soul a lift But only after training, again thanks to the Taxpayer and the proper clothing such as full leathers, Leather Gloves and Boots and a full face Helmet,
I get really angry when I see ladies wearing flowery summer dresses, open toed sandals, no gloves and an open face helmet on a step thru,
I spend an hour a week in the gym practicing Aikido But before we start we lay out the rubber mats and spend ten minutes warming up.
None of my precautions detract from my enjoyment, But just like grinding metal with a Dremel without a pair of safety glasses I object to people not only causing alarm to their nearest and dearest and costing the NHS more money that they havn't got by failing to take sensible precautions to preserve their own worthless body.
I have a severe loathing to pain,
And when it is so easily preventable WHY NOT.
Shaun.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”