FIRE!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: FIRE!

Post by jtracks »

jackalope wrote:Am I coming off as being argumentative? If so I sincerely apologize as that us not my intent. :{

I plan to never charge the lipo in my tank again just to be clear.
You're not to me.
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

I wasn't criticizing your asking of questions either. Just thought I would jump into your post and share my experience. I'm sure you already know this, but youtube has many Lipo fire video's.
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Kiaser wrote:Have you read this you might recall Boeing and the new Dreamliner ???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... world.html

Oh and do not forget your mobile phones boys ???
One less worry for me, I don't have a thumb machine.
Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Oops did I start this?
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I used to fly a heli, and had freinds who are into it big time. One of them had a huge 700 size Jet Ranger that was powered by multiple Lipo packs. All set up perfectly, the guy ran an engineering workshop, yet one day, magic smoke, and a serious fire. When these batteries go, they are like an incendiary flare.

Having the correct charger is essential, overcharge one and it will catch fire. Modern chargers balance cells and peak detect to avoid this. You also have to keep an eye on them, if they start to swell up at all then its time to junk them.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack you joined a very important thread which prompted a wide and balanced discussion.
The down side to discussions on the www is that you cannot see the face of the person with whom your speaking so that misinterpretation is very easy,
There is no substitute for a face to face chat.
At no time did you say anything out of order and neither has anyone else :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jarndice wrote:Jack you joined a very important thread which prompted a wide and balanced discussion.
The down side to discussions on the www is that you cannot see the face of the person with whom your speaking so that misinterpretation is very easy,
There is no substitute for a face to face chat.
At no time did you say anything out of order and neither has anyone else :thumbup: shaun
OK good I just wanted to be sure. You are correct it is hard to gauge people not only on line but in different countries all over the world which is why I asked. :thumbup: I'm new here, don't speak any other language other then English and I do not want to offend anyone
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi I have been reading the posts , I have been thinking of changing over to LiPo batteries , seems like the easy thing to do is charge out of model (just in case of charging problem) don't over discharge and don't drop them. Get a good charger and dont over charge, don't buy cheap quality batteries.
Think this sums up what to do and not do.

Have I missed something

regards pete
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Pete if you have young children you will know that the minute they are out of sight you will hear a giggle and with that will come the certain knowledge that a valued possession has just bitten the dust :O
Watch those LI-PO's while they are charging, If you are using a decent charger it won't take very long :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thank God my kids are all grown! The only thing I have to worry about is cats and they don't seem interested.

Return to “General Discussion”