Battery advice

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
mike1268
Corporal

Re: Battery advice

Post by mike1268 »

I got a cheap 6800 Ni-MH from ebay for about £15. It powered my Stug for about an hour of constant driving. I have metal road wheels, sprockets, idle wheel and tracks. Its a lot heavyer then it used to be but cant grumble at the cost to performance of these cheap Ni-Mh batteries
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

jackalope wrote:
jtracks wrote:
jackalope wrote:I went with the 5800mah 2 cell lipo and smart charger from Traxxas. Got them from a local hobby shop. Plug and play no need for a balance plug as its built into the Traxxas plug. Great setup!
I haven't found a way to hook up a lipo alarm to to this new plug Jackalope so I don't buy them.

I'm running the IBU2 that has built in Lipo protection and all Traxxas lipo vehicles have built in lipo protection which is very handy.

I apologize in being being new to the world of Lipo batteries I didn't realize you could not hook up an alarm to a non-lipo ready vehicle with the Traxxas set up, this could cause a problem in over discharging and am glad you caught it.

I'll just sit down and shut up from now on as I do not want my lack of knowledge to cause anyone else a problem. :(
You don't have to do that Jack, I've learned plenty from you. First time I saw one of those was at my local hobby shop while shopping for lipos. The store owner said here use this, Traxxas has a new plug. I looked at it and new it was different but couldn't figure out why at first. Then it hit me, no balancing plug.

Joe
Joe
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

I've been banned from plugging the lipo alarm in without warning the Mrs first makes her jump out of her skin every time @) :haha:
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

Kiaser wrote:Goodness me you pack the power how long does it take to charge one of those nuclear power packs ?
All in all it looks good Lord Haw-Haw . :D
Never ran her down to low but the charger has logged 8+ hrs, the charger is "smart", I've watched the smart lipo bounce the current around while charging any capacity. I believe if I did the fast 5 amp option it wouldn't take too long.

edpanzer,
yes the alarm did raise the question "WHAT THE!!!", that first time I hooked one up -surprised me too! I leave all my HL battery doors loose to remind me to hook the alarms up. I have a lipo voltage monitor ( i cut all the pins except the 3 needed for 2s) to just inspect without the Beep Beep!!!

My Taigen KV-1's LVA is in one of the storage boxes: (that metal chassis was a task to drill)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.41 KiB) Viewed 228 times

Return to “General Questions”