Battery advice

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Battery advice

Post by jtracks »

jackalope wrote:I went with the 5800mah 2 cell lipo and smart charger from Traxxas. Got them from a local hobby shop. Plug and play no need for a balance plug as its built into the Traxxas plug. Great setup!
I haven't found a way to hook up a lipo alarm to to this new plug Jackalope so I don't buy them.
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

jarndice wrote:A couple of points about Hobby-king you might like to know, The TURNIGY LI-PO/NI-CD/NI-MH charger is a very good and useful piece of kit BUT it needs a handbook to get any sence from it, You can find one on line and download it, but you will not get one if you buy your charger from Hobby-king, and secondly I had to wait weeks for my order to arrive although I have been given to understand that I was unlucky? :shifty: shaun
Your not alone Shaun. I used them twice and both times it was over three weeks for delivery. Twice was enough.

Joe
Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Just ordered my lipos today I got 2 Turnigy 5000mah 2s 7.4v 20c-30c Hardcase Lipo's with voltage alarms and tamiya plugs
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

No she's happy to donate a glove she has a few pairs and it saves a fiver times is tough kaiser :haha:
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long sherman
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

ruben2005 wrote::wave: hi there if you look this number up on e/bay uk the seller is called stockroom2012 and item number is 141531886492 i have this in my metal hull white metal gearboxes metal tracks tiger1 even has a tamiya plug and will power my tank through long grass and long run times you will need a lipo charger and the imaxB6 is an ideal charger just always balance charge and thats what i use hope this helps :thumbup: :thumbup:
That's a coincidence Ruben that's where I ordered mine from and I also have a metal hull white metal gearboxes metal tracks and wheel tiger 1.....spooky
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long sherman
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

edpanzer wrote:Just ordered my lipos today I got 2 Turnigy 5000mah 2s 7.4v 20c-30c Hardcase Lipo's with voltage alarms and tamiya plugs
I get just at an hours worth of run time with my 5000's in my heavy metal tanks with the smoker (Tar MKI) running the entire time.

Joe
Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Batteries arrived today charged one and its made a noticeable differance its quicker than before and seems to run on grass better and the smokers even better I never expected that.
One last question if I'm not using them till the weekend is it best to do a storage charge thingy on them??
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long sherman
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jtracks wrote:
jackalope wrote:I went with the 5800mah 2 cell lipo and smart charger from Traxxas. Got them from a local hobby shop. Plug and play no need for a balance plug as its built into the Traxxas plug. Great setup!
I haven't found a way to hook up a lipo alarm to to this new plug Jackalope so I don't buy them.

I'm running the IBU2 that has built in Lipo protection and all Traxxas lipo vehicles have built in lipo protection which is very handy.

I apologize in being being new to the world of Lipo batteries I didn't realize you could not hook up an alarm to a non-lipo ready vehicle with the Traxxas set up, this could cause a problem in over discharging and am glad you caught it.

I'll just sit down and shut up from now on as I do not want my lack of knowledge to cause anyone else a problem. :(
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

Kiaser wrote:Yes it is a noticeable difference but once you commit there is no going back :haha: :haha:

LiPo
THIS! :thumbup:
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

10000 mah 25C ( in my HL KT, not enough hours in a day to sound the LVA.
https://youtu.be/mRtmcKKUHLs
Used these to mount LVA's in a viewable location on my tanks:
My T34 the LVA can been seen via looking through the drivers hatch: https://youtu.be/HREoIFWd5Eo

Return to “General Questions”