New Torro 1/16 Jagdtiger on its way?

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

New Torro 1/16 Jagdtiger on its way?

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

This seem's to have been announced on other forums ages ago, but then nothing materialized...

Anyway, here's a video of what purports to be a 'new' Torro Jagdtiger in 1/16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AtDb5X9n7c

Anyone know anything more?

I've just watched the video once and (apart from the fact that it drives like a racing car - so inappropriate for one of WWII's heaviest tanks) it looks OK to me. Has the length issue been sorted out (the Jagdtiger had a stretched Tiger II hull)?

The use of the AA MG for opening engine hatch to access the controls is a neat touch.

Tellingly, whilst this guy drives it around and around (and around), we see no smoke and no gun recoil - although there is elevation (once) and what appears to be a jerking hull recoil - yet there appears to be a flash bulb in the barrel...
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New Torro 1/16 Jagdtiger on its way?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening,
That certainly seems to be it. The speed is from those new motors and gearboxes ( red or blue ones ) I bet. The ones that zoom the tank around because that's cool now, somehow? That didn't look like a xenon flash but the sound really sounds like the standard Taigen\Torro sounds.... A working barrel lock, please! because the barrel wobble was driving me crazy.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Still gonna build my own but this does look promising.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Hi all, yes I think it looks promising, I'm know jagdtiger expert, but it looks OK it really does need to be slowed down,that barrel wobble is to much, among the many other things that will know doubt need to be sorted out.

John
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Anything else on this tank, like a release date? I'm trying to iron out the wrinkles in ordering a Jagdtiger from Christian but I don't know. Things seem to be changing from previous emails, I may be forced to not buy from him.
jukebox
Lance Corporal

Post by jukebox »

Dominique at RCTank.de has them in stock now, ordered mine last night. :thumbup:
Steve
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

WOW it's pricey! For that much I'll just wait and get the kit from Christian. Shipping on this thing is BRUTAL! :thumbdown:
karel47
Private

Post by karel47 »

Christian ludwig's jagdtiger kit is ready some time , it is aviable in styreen and aluminium
I bought some parts from him at intermodelbau 2015
Fine quality

http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/Jagdtiger.html

Return to “Hobby News”