My Tiger in progress

Busymodeler
Recruit

My Tiger in progress

Post by Busymodeler »

I haven't posted many things yet, except in my initial post about myself. I have 4 Heng Long tanks (Pz III, T35/85, Tiger and KV1), it is my Tiger that I have spent most time modifying and she has been a long time project and still not finished.
So far the mods have been new electronics so she can play with Tamiya and Heng Long IRs, metal tracks, wheels and chassis. Flipped the mantlet, rotated the cupola, and bits and pieces all around, including PE tool clamps to new metal tools (after scrapping the molded ones off).

She's not finished but I like how she's going so far, just so much weathering to do.

Last edited by Busymodeler on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1. KV1, T34/85 and PkzIII all by Heng Long, painted and moded by me. It's fun and tricky stuff.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My Tiger in progress

Post by AlwynTurner »

Great looking model there busymodeller, keep the pics coming ! :thumbup: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Busymodeler
Recruit

Post by Busymodeler »

Thanks Alwyn, I will.
Tiger 1. KV1, T34/85 and PkzIII all by Heng Long, painted and moded by me. It's fun and tricky stuff.
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Must be the salt method, looks really good!
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Look's excellent brilliant job
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That progress is good sunshine, just what was the method you used to get the worn look on the white wash ?
I'm seeing Aber PE clamps as well ;) ?
You will go alright you will mate !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Busymodeler
Recruit

Post by Busymodeler »

Yep, I used the salt weathering technique. The PE clips are from Voyager. They looked the same as ABER but cheaper. They worked very well, although as with most of my experience with PE parts, a real test of dexterity.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well your dexterity paid off :thumbup:
There is so much to do on one of these that it can keep you from running in traffic-with scissors- for ages :haha:
I might try the salt method at some stage, but its hard to get past the hairspray for now( makes my tank smell like the Mrs does just before we go out ;) )
What else do you have planned for it ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

That Tiger looks really good, love the subtleness of the weathering...fine work dude. :thumbup:
Busymodeler
Recruit

Post by Busymodeler »

I've been reading the list of things to fix on this Tiger. Some I'd done already, but I may have a go at fixing a few more aesthetic bits. I'll have to scratch build, but there is a lot of great help and references on this site. Seems I'm in the right place.

Return to “Tiger I”