My new Torro King Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: My new Torro King Tiger

Post by jtracks »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
jtracks wrote:
WWIInut wrote:Joe That looks great How does it run??? If I can be so bold as to ask what you paid for it???? I'm addicted already and my toy budget is still good (the misses hasn't seen the Visa bill yet) so I can buy before she finds out!!!
It runs very well WWIInut. It is the all metal (90%) version and an IR tank to boot. Check out the retail on these and then know it was just at $400.00 including shipping. For a Torro KT, I couldn't pass it up. Keep an eye on Taigen's/IMEX web site. There are some great deals to be had in their Scratch and dent section if you don't mind doing a little work.

Joe
$400 ?................Hmmm, thats abouuuuuuut
8 million $AUD at the moment !! :/
A great looking stock tank with even better enhancements :thumbup:
Real nice.
Thank you sir, just as soon as I get the Tiger 1 and Pershing finished up, I can start on the KT.

Joe
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

WWIInut wrote:Joe That looks great How does it run??? If I can be so bold as to ask what you paid for it???? I'm addicted already and my toy budget is still good (the misses hasn't seen the Visa bill yet) so I can buy before she finds out!!!
You had better get another Visa account, you're going to need it. :haha:

Joe
Joe
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Joe that is a lovely looking Tiger, congratulations on a job well done.
I smiled when you said there are some bargains "if you don't mind doing a little work" To me that's the attraction! I figure we buy HENG LONG/TORRO/TAIGEN because they are not as perfect as TAMIYA, so we have something to do.
A time ago I said that the Tiger 11 was my least favourite German Tank BUT your fine example may just change my mind. :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

jarndice wrote:Joe that is a lovely looking Tiger, congratulations on a job well done.
I smiled when you said there are some bargains "if you don't mind doing a little work" To me that's the attraction! I figure we buy HENG LONG/TORRO/TAIGEN because they are not as perfect as TAMIYA, so we have something to do.
A time ago I said that the Tiger 11 was my least favourite German Tank BUT your fine example may just change my mind. :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
Hello Shaun and thank you. I wasn't much of a KT fan either until this one showed up. I've had it sitting on an end table, under a lamp, for a good week before I decided to do the paint. The camo was my first thought and then I decided it looked too much like everyone else's tank so I went one step further. I'm still not finished. I really need to do some research and make a few changes. The more I tinker with it, the more I am enjoying it. Oh, bye way,the aerial for the Tiger 1 should be here Tuesday.

Joe
Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

That's one cool KT Joe nice job
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

edpanzer wrote:That's one cool KT Joe nice job
Thanks edpanzer, nice runner too.

Joe
Joe
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Been raining all day here so haven't been able to run the tiger today very frustrating I'm going to do a no rain dance before bed lol
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

edpanzer wrote:Been raining all day here so haven't been able to run the tiger today very frustrating I'm going to do a no rain dance before bed lol
I'll do the same for you if you promise to send your rain here to California. I have a feeling we are headed for another dry year.

Joe
Joe
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Never understood why they don't pipe it down from Oregon, the amount of rain that falls on Portland I expect the place to float down the Columbia river into the Pacific any time soon! :haha: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

jarndice wrote:Never understood why they don't pipe it down from Oregon, the amount of rain that falls on Portland I expect the place to float down the Columbia river into the Pacific any time soon! :haha: shaun
I've been watching the weather our east coast is getting with envy. I was in North Lake Tahoe yesterday. Our place is at a 7200 foot elevation and there is about an inch of snow on the ground. Normal for this time of year should be 6-7 feet piled up by the snow plows. Very sad.

Joe
Joe

Return to “Show Off”