tiger tank noob help

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: tiger tank noob help

Post by jtracks »

ironcross13 wrote:think im going to go fr a tagien pre bulit to start my collection off then go for a tamiya and build it up my self the tagien can be to have a bit of fun with then can take my time with the tamiya
seen this its at a local shop in stockport
http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-tank/1-16- ... 24ghz.html
http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-tank/1-16- ... 24ghz.html

says its got fully upgraded metal parts what you guys think? would i be able to upgrade it more or is that fully upgraded
think im going to go for the grey dont like the yellow camo is the grey authentic? i could allway re paint it once i get better at modeling and get more tanks
That's a pretty good price. Using my currency converter, that works out to be $350.00 US funds. I can't buy a full metal Taigen Tiger with the 360 degree turret for any price in the US. Again, take the warnings that people are giving you about dealers. Most of my tanks are Taigen, two of them metal versions, I've been very happy with all of my Taigen tanks. I have a single HL Sherman, it two is a fine runner with it's upgraded metal tracks, idlers, drive wheels, and 2.4GHZ radio. Good luck.

Joe
Joe
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

ironcross13 wrote:hi guys just come off ebay looking at tiger tanks i love that tank
i really want to get a RC metal one but im a noob to RC tanks
i no my history and love it i allso collect German ww2 me militaria hence the name ironcross lol

well i figerd im not going to be able to buy a real tiger tank any time soon so one of these will have to do
can you give me any direction to go with these tanks what is the top tanks to look at
im in the uk and look up everything before i buy lol
:wave: HI" check out the 'TORRO " website they have the full range with pretty good paint work ' regards 'Ray :thumbup:
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

ironcross13 wrote:hi guys just come off ebay looking at tiger tanks i love that tank
i really want to get a RC metal one but im a noob to RC tanks
i no my history and love it i allso collect German ww2 me militaria hence the name ironcross lol

well i figerd im not going to be able to buy a real tiger tank any time soon so one of these will have to do
can you give me any direction to go with these tanks what is the top tanks to look at
im in the uk and look up everything before i buy lol
:wave: HI" check out the 'TORRO " website they have the full range with pretty good paint work ' regards 'Ray :thumbup:
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
ironcross13
Recruit

Post by ironcross13 »

thanks guys going to get the cheaper taigen only £220 to get me into the hobby i can drive it straite out the box then ill look at a building one that will be a tamiya
by that time i should have a air brush
is nitro tec realy that bad? surely all the tanks are boxed the same?
they are in my local town stockport so can pick it up and i could take it back if there was a problem

any links to torro?

and one tiger is not enough lol
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

If you can go buy it in person you'll probably be ok
mick e
Recruit

Post by mick e »

http://www.torro-shop.de/en/rc-tank/rc- ... -case?c=58

Link to Torro. This is the Tiger I bought and I love it. :thumbup:
Torro Metal Tiger.
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

I own a Tamiya, 2 taigens and as of today a Torro as well. If you don't want to build a kit, I'd say go Torro, unless that's out of reach funding wise in which case the Taigen tanks are still great buy. Good luck with whatever you choose.
ironcross13
Recruit

Post by ironcross13 »

nitor tec said this about the tagian
"other upgrades are a recoiling barrel with flash effect .
this can be retrofitted , 360 revolving turret and upgraded smoke machines
all available from stores on ebay"
how much would these extra parts cost? is th tank a good price?

seen this torro on ebay is that a good price? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TORRO-Tiger-I ... 3398fef434

whats the main diffrences in the torro and the taigen?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

ironcross13 wrote:
whats the main diffrences in the torro and the taigen?
For the Tiger???.........not much difference except the Torro comes in a wooden crate :D ....Though there is a chance now...the Taigen comes with better gearboxes ;)

ALPHA
ironcross13
Recruit

Post by ironcross13 »

taigen it is lol

Return to “General Discussion”