For Sale section

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Scooby

Re: For Sale section

Post by Scooby »

jackalope wrote:Scooby, I saw the rule about signing up to just sell something will get you banned and that rule exists on most other forums as well however they also have a minimum post requirement to post in the for sale section. If they are found to just be spamming they get banned, an extra layer of protection for members never hurts.
If you don't want to buy something from somebody with a low post count then just don't, it's up to the user to decide whether the person they are buying it off is trustworthy or not, check out their post history etc. There is always going to be risks with buying things on a forum as there is no protection, if you want protection use an escrow service, middle man or a third party like eBay.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I see there is a distinct difference here as to what people think is acceptable, including the moderation staff. I've never been a member of a forum that didn't at least TRY to protect its members, but ok.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

We do try to protect the members, which is why we ask if you see any suspicious activity you let a moderator or admin know, but I would of thought it would be common sense to alert a staff member of anything like that even out of the for sale board? The current rule stating you can't just sign up to sell things is like a sort of minimum post count, however it's open to interpretation. Somebody could not post that often but be a member for a while and yet not have enough posts to sell, then again another member may have only held their account for a week but have posted a hundred worthless posts enabling them to sell? Perhaps a small minimum post count could be put in place if it would make people "feel" safer, however number 2 isn't really an option in my opinion if somebody doesn't let you know about pulling out of a deal that is very bad but we can't stop that its out of our power. These are just my opinions on this matter hope my input helps clear it up a bit?

Cheers,
Matt
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Well its at least nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks yanking a sale out from under someone is a pretty crappy thing to do but I guess there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Its just a shame the topic even had to be brought up.

But I do thank you guys for at least considering a minimum post count.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just my two cents..

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :thumbup:

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

tomhugill wrote:I wonder what changing ones mind then selling it to some one else comes under
this comes under the section of siting and waiting and getting fed up with no replies [until good and ready ] dilly dallying so one ends up missing the boat or train[ not knowing ] just like some radio tx/rx and boat stuff, Sherman hullsd ete ,ill take it, price agreed then nothing ?so we have all been there ?

......wot wot
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:
tomhugill wrote:I wonder what changing ones mind then selling it to some one else comes under
this comes under the section of siting and waiting and getting fed up with no replies [until good and ready ] dilly dallying so one ends up missing the boat or train[ not knowing ] just like some radio tx/rx and boat stuff, Sherman hullsd ete ,ill take it, price agreed then nothing ?so we have all been there ?

......wot wot
Think that's a different category Sir Canned ....when a buyer gets cold feet and can't pull the trigger for some reason...that would fall under this
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... IT#p102443

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just a thought.... an allowance for FEEDBACKS....unquestioned...good bad gnarly whatever...kind of like what EBAY does between a seller and buyer...outside opinions cannot be entered into the fray ...and have to be kept to themselves
Works on EBAY :thumbup: ... I know I always check FEEDBACKS....first to see if the gripe was legit...then to see how it was handled :D

CARPE DIEM GENTS :thumbup:

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

cannedheat wrote:

......wot wot
I think you gave a price which we we never agreed on. Sherman but never bought the meet so that scuppered that. Anyway I'm sure there's a saying about rocks and glass houses.
Last edited by tomhugill on Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Alpha, feedback from both the buyer and the seller would be great! Thats a good idea. :thumbup:

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”