Trumpeter German Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Trumpeter German Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
E.F., now don't beat me up too badly over this but doesn't HL have a long barreled Pz IV that can be massaged into an accurate, running version of the tank and the Stug?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo EF, I am with Painless when it comes to the HENG LONG PZ4, When I first started along this path to bankrupcy I wanted to be rid of the moulded on tools but I wanted to avoid damaging the surrounding area, ??? DUCT/DUCK TAPE,(NOT MASKING TAPE) I cut it to shape and fitted it close up to the area to be worked and the job was successfully done and then I pulled the tape off and "PERFECTION" just a pair of scissors a craft knife an x-acto blade and my DREMEL was all it took, I recently bought a HENG LONG Tiger 1 body and turret all the tools were pinned in place and just needed to be POPPED off and I would hope the HENG LONG PZ4 tools would be the same, their quality is a vast improvement over early versions and certainly worth a second look :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Do you know that this kit has a full interior the kit has over 2000 parts. Look a beautiful kit for a static model. Don't know if you can RC it?? Like there Tiger1 mid but that wae the WSN tiger with all it's bits taken out!. Brian...
billpe

Post by billpe »

Making it RC would be a bit of a waste and also very hard work as you'd need to replace or seriously reinforce a great deal of it.
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Bill,
Yes your right it will make a great static model :thumbup: I have pre-ordered mine from Axel. Hope it will be here in Jan and not put back again it should have been out for Xmas. Brian...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi EF,
Yes it could be done but a kit with a price of and this is been banded about of £200 does seam a lot and not use a good many parts :crazy: mind you your spares box will grow :thumbup:. I will build one as I like the look of it and the amount of detail it has. It will be interesting to see if someone does go for an RC version. ALEX in Germany is doing for €159 witch is a good price. We'll just have to wait a see 8O . Brian...
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Well, this kit has been promised for some time - and it finally seems to be about to happen.
tru00920_start.jpg
tru00920_start.jpg (76.2 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
The price is officially about 180 euros, but I am sure that will come down.

http://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Military ... 4209_0.htm

This post also has a few photos. I add another one I found a while back:
Trumpeter 116 scale Panzer IV with full interior detail.jpg
Trumpeter 116 scale Panzer IV with full interior detail.jpg (15.48 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
This certainly doesn't look like an easy starting point for an RC tank - but it does look like an ideal one-stop shop for many of those up-grades for either the Heng Long or Tamiya Panzer IV.

We all know how much those add-ons can add up to and, speaking as someone who has a part-built Tamiya Pz.IV awaiting my attention, I think this could be the answer, especially if you want to back-date the Tamiya J to an earlier model.

For example, neither the Tamiya nor the HL versions have separate hatches for the transmission, driver, radio operator and engine deck.

The side vision ports are also lacking from the Tamiya kit (which is correct for the later version).

So the next build is on!
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I'll be getting one of these!

Looks great!

My static brigade is growing a lot faster than I imagined!
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Can't you just drop the upper hull on an already-R/C lower hull? Then it's just a matter of adding the turret functions. Shouldn't be that hard to R/C that kit.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Just got one from HANNANTS I woundn't buy one to RC it far to much detail would be lost but I think someone will do it. Would like to see how it turns out. It's just that so many parts would be wasted and not used. Brian...
Last edited by brizo58 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hobby News”