Rctank.de stencils

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Rctank.de stencils

Post by brizo58 »

Yea Dave said they will be here on th 31st mine and stu's. I've been trying out some wide masking tape
Seams to work ok tried it out on some plascard looked good so will do that. Brian...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Tom... basically those stencils are done on frisket paper...not sure you've ever used it ...but it's the same stuff... the sticky back is very light...so won't peel off your paint...one trick to make sure is to stick them on your arm first..then stick them to your tank... Painless got similar stencils from Palepainter ...used them on the MOOD..and MAXEEN :D

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi ALPHA, For those on the Forum not familier with FRISKET PAPER if you GOOGLE FRISKET PAPER there is a YOU TUBE clip that talks you through. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Just got some stencils from them myself can't wait to try them out.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Hi ALPHA, For those on the Forum not familier with FRISKET PAPER if you GOOGLE FRISKET PAPER there is a YOU TUBE clip that talks you through. :thumbup: shaun
jackalope wrote:Just got some stencils from them myself can't wait to try them out.
Only drawback is with this type of stencil.. and frisket paper... it's more or less one time use only....the best was silly putty and just cutting out your own stencil in tupperware plastic :haha:

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'm only using their stencils for the numbers and unit insignia the camo scheme I'm going to do much like I did on my Tiger. I has a plan and I KNOWS it'll work perfectly! :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:I'm only using their stencils for the numbers and unit insignia the camo scheme I'm going to do much like I did on my Tiger. I has a plan and I KNOWS it'll work perfectly! :thumbup:
If you are careful ...you can still get some mileage on them... but the usual is that once or twice and they are dead as far as sticking goes ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Hi ALPHA, For those on the Forum not familier with FRISKET PAPER if you GOOGLE FRISKET PAPER there is a YOU TUBE clip that talks you through. :thumbup: shaun
Wow WO2 Shaun... not even a link is provided :wtf: ...I know I called it Frisket "paper"....but it is actually known as Frisket Film :D

Buy the stencil.. stick it to the frisket film....make dozens more to use later ;)

ALPHA
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

I like them, take time to mask and build up the colour gradually start with a very light pass let dry and then another.

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

They came put really well!

Return to “General Discussion”