Re: Panther G to early D

Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Panther G to early D

Post by Tailend charlie »

Well my Tiger 1 142 is about done (Just need turret # and weather) so I decided to convert my Tamiya Panther G back to an early D. So far I have done most of the chopping and removal of G parts. Cut and modified the side hull panels. I have made the 4 grills (fan grill is from militarymight), hatches, drivers vision hatch and machine gun port. And there is a lot more to do. I thought I would post some pics of where I am at. It is still in the rough stage. Hope you enjoy. More pics as I go along.
Last edited by Tailend charlie on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have nothing to fear, but fear its self. Or maybe a KT too!
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

she's taking shape nicely T.C, how long do you reckon it will be before she is finnished?

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Thanks and I want to finish before summer, but there is so much to do. More than the Tiger1 142.
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

i know what you mean T.C, ive just started a teardown & rebuild of my Tiger, and you find job after job to do ::) ::) , still its all part of the fun

Tony 8)

Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

You are right, that is the whole fun of it. Make the tank your own, something no one else has. The sad thing is that as I do the Panther I am doing another Sherman and my mind is already planning on what to do with the new Sherman when it comes out. Does it ever stop. My wife asks why can't I be happy with them just built from the box. I just tell her it's a guy thing.

What do you plan on doing with the Tiger?
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi T,C love it much better to do your own thing as you say its a man thing Im always trying differant things ,where did you get the small bolts from been looking for ages to find small Hex bolts .

regards pete
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Hey 971wright, I get them here. www.scalehardware.com
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

hi T.C
        what i'm doing to my Tiger is, swapping my lower hull for the asiatam metal hull, thats so much better than the standard lower hull, (as good as tamiya), i'm in the process of removing the casting marks from the suspension arms, which come with the hull, then i'm going to completely re do the zimmeritt, the "crispy" way, with plasticard and a soldering iron, ive brass sleeved the wheels already, then i'm going to re do the camo' scheme, pretty much the same as before, but better, then on to the turret, i have decided to make the HL turret more to scale by chopping it about abit,(not quite shore how yet ;D) then do away with the gun elevation motor and use micro servo's for elevation,the elmod TLS i have has 2 servo sockets just for that perpose, then i'm going to move the main gun pivot point to where it should be,(up by the front lifting eyes) and then try and remake the turret stowage bin more accurate, and the lids on it opening, thats about it really apart from a bit of minor detailing, i will do a write up when ive finnished so you guys have something to read with a cuppa ;D

Tony 8)

Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Hey tiger205,
  You have some work to do, but it will look great after it is done and nothing beats that satisfying feeling of I did that.

Richard
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

youre not wrong richard, it does give you a real buzz when you sit back after finnishing a project and see what youve just done

Tony 8)

Return to “Panther”