Commander for my m51 (now with paint)

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Commander for my m51

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:Hey alpha, could be the photo. IMO this is the best verlinden sculpt I've had, there's a load of detail and the face is very realistic. He even has a yarmulke!
Well he's in your hands Tom ..so I'll take your word for it....still like that Tiger driver...now that was a great sculpt :D ...too bad Verlinded didn't have any female IDF tankers.... Israel actually has a lot of them ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tankman wrote:
ALPHA wrote:Boy Tom ...you really got your work cut out ....your paint work is going to have to be extra good....that sculpt...not sure if it's the photos..it just doesn't excite me...it looks like the commander is kind of bored :haha: ....Now with that said...who did the sculpt on that outstanding Tiger driver :D

ALPHA
Hi ALPHA I think if Tom nails his painting of that commander he could make him look like a guy who has "done to much and seen to much" a real challenge for figure painting don't you think.
Alan
I think theres difficulty in all figure building...Tankman....Especially one like this one... it's interesting...there's a lot to it...but..I don't know...it lacks personality lol ;)

reason I feel Tom will really have to do something special to bring him to life :D

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:
tomhugill wrote:Hey alpha, could be the photo. IMO this is the best verlinden sculpt I've had, there's a load of detail and the face is very realistic. He even has a yarmulke!
Well he's in your hands Tom ..so I'll take your word for it....still like that Tiger driver...now that was a great sculpt :D ...too bad Verlinded didn't have any female IDF tankers.... Israel actually has a lot of them ;)

ALPHA
The problem with the (very very few) female figures I found was they where quite cartoonish (maybe caricatured is more accurate), however I'm still looking for one :)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankman wrote:
ALPHA wrote:Boy Tom ...you really got your work cut out ....your paint work is going to have to be extra good....that sculpt...not sure if it's the photos..it just doesn't excite me...it looks like the commander is kind of bored :haha: ....Now with that said...who did the sculpt on that outstanding Tiger driver :D

ALPHA
Hi ALPHA I think if Tom nails his painting of that commander he could make him look like a guy who has "done to much and seen to much" a real challenge for figure painting don't you think.
Alan

I think your right Alan, it's that clint Eastwood far away stare!
tankman

Post by tankman »

You know what they say Frank " Jesus loves a sinner " :haha: .
Alan
tankman

Post by tankman »

Maybe Frank, maybe @)
Alan
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
The problem with the (very very few) female figures I found was they where quite cartoonish (maybe caricatured is more accurate), however I'm still looking for one :)
Ever thought of converting one of the female russian tankers?

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

fynsdad wrote:...where-as the one I built for Alan looks like he should just be selling the "Big issue".... 8O
OK...That looks like the turret should be bright red...and being pulled my tiny reindeer :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

fynsdad wrote:LOL "He" got done a few years back for my lads....
Image....................Image

You never fail to amaze me fynsdad :clap: ............. :D

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Commander for my m51 (now with paint)

Post by tomhugill »

Ok alpha, hope this meets with your approval. Only the flesh and shirt done so far but gives a fair impression of where things are going:

Return to “General Discussion”