Only with an airbrush

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Only with an airbrush

Post by ALPHA »

Seeing that I need more practice... I got out a figure I had started about two years ago...stopped because my airbrush was stored away...and I was too lazy to dig it out lol
anyway...here's the kit
A 1/8 scale anime figure...made of vinyl...
LYNN MINMAY...from the Movie MACROSS....later known as ROBOTECH
She is a find from a local shop that was going out of business here.... got her for 5.00 so not
a big loss if I mess up :D
Most of the kit I assembled back then...so all I had to do was to sand the white paint (not primer) I had applied back then as well
as you can see.... the paint didn't chip off... reason I don't use primers ..it's kind of a waste of resources
With PVC or vinyl figures..it's good to stuff the figure with something... I used paper towels in this case....if you don't do this...sometimes the figure will implode due to humidity or other factors ...other than that...the vinyl itself lasts forever :D

Happy Tanking GentsImage

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Lynn Minmay, really? :haha: Where's Rick Hunter? :haha: ;)

JK buddy, Robotech was bad ass! Bet ya didn't know a live action version of Robotech is planned. :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:Lynn Minmay, really? :haha: Where's Rick Hunter? :haha: ;)

JK buddy, Robotech was bad ass! Bet ya didn't know a live action version of Robotech is planned. :thumbup:
Image...Rick Hunter took off with Lisa HayesImageImage got lost in space... Max and Myria have been searching for them ever since ImageImage
No I didn't know they had a planned Live action...I know they did Yamato... that was surprisingly good ...the CG graphics were pretty clean...the character portrayals where better in the anime though lol...but leave it to the Japanese...they really know how to make SCI FI flicks :D
Heck we can't even make a decent Godzilla movie...failed two times :shh:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OK...........On with Practice...did some flesh tone...started with base lining like on the tank
used the custom mixed pink that was put on my Lolli girl tank...made so much of it..have to use it up :haha:
then I followed with the flesh tone...gently fading it in...preserving some of the white
slightly heavier coats on the back side...as she being on stage...the light source would be in the front of her
the rear more in the shadow ;)
BOOTS :haha:

That's it for now

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA

PS, Boots were done in reverse ...heavy base coat of white..then fading in red... went back and forth a few times till I got the effect I wanted :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Too bad Space Battleship Yamato hasn't been dubbed yet I'm NOT reading a damn movie! :haha: I loved that show growing up too bad it was only on for like 2 years.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:Too bad Space Battleship Yamato hasn't been dubbed yet I'm NOT reading a damn movie! :haha: I loved that show growing up too bad it was only on for like 2 years.
You like dubbed Jack??????????????????? :O ...I can't stand dubbed videos....they always find the worst voice over people...not to mention how a lot of the emotion get's lost :/

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

On with the Practice... Now she has clothes :haha:

eyes got tired....so stopped....next hair and make up :haha:

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Nothing like a break from the Tankery to get things on track... practicing airbrushing has been pretty refreshing... once this figure is done... should be good to go again :D

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'd rather see her with no clothes Alpha. ;)

I don't "like" dubbed movies but like I said I won't read a movie, I've tried it before it was annoying and you miss action because your reading.

Return to “General Discussion”