Tiger I Steering Problems

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
orckhan
Recruit

Re: Tiger I Steering Problems

Post by orckhan »

I installed the metallic gears and everything seems perfect. Though I dont know is it me, tank seems to go much faster with these gears to my surprise. Btw, thanks for all your support. This forum is probably the most helpful among all forums of any kind that I know. Really thanks for your patient suggestions.

However I have this minor problem. When turret is rotating to one side I hear the normal servo sound, but when rotating to other I hear a bit more bassy one. What can possibly be the problem? Maybe a cable touching the gear teeth but then I assume I'd hear that sound when rotating both sides. There are no hindrances in rotation btw.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Don't worry dude they all do that, well every one I have had has been noisier one way than the other
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
orckhan
Recruit

Post by orckhan »

I started to experience steering problems again, but i think i got the problem.

One of my idler wheel is not turning due to its stiff connection. Is there a way to somewhat loosen that idler wheel?

Return to “Heng Long Builds”