New Taigen metal M4A3 75mm Sherman

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Taigen metal M4A3 75mm Sherman

Post by MichaelC »

Can someone do a comparison between this and the FOV metal Sherman ? It appears to me that the paint job is very similar to the FOV Sherman, and the lower hull and the boggies are such that it could be from the same mold. I noticed that the upper hull is plastic, but the turret again is very similar down to the texture.

I had thought about taking a FPV Sherman, gutting the inside and RC it. I can then reuse the interior stuff for an M10/M36/M36B1.

Just saying.

MichaelC.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mornin', Michael,
I've seen the FOV Sherman and used some pieces from it in the 'Maxene' build that were donated by Sassgrunt. It's usable as an RC tank but a lot of work will be needed to make it so. It works better as a parts donator, wheels, turret, etc. I noted the paint similarity yesterday as well but believe that is where the resemblance ends.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks Painless...... Good to know. Scratch that one from the project list............ :-)

MichaelC.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:Can someone do a comparison between this and the FOV metal Sherman ? It appears to me that the paint job is very similar to the FOV Sherman, and the lower hull and the boggies are such that it could be from the same mold. I noticed that the upper hull is plastic, but the turret again is very similar down to the texture.

I had thought about taking a FPV Sherman, gutting the inside and RC it. I can then reuse the interior stuff for an M10/M36/M36B1.

Just saying.

MichaelC.
Hey there Micheal... I wish the Taigen was closer to the FOV... it would have the small hatch hull :D ...the turret is similar ...the mantlet and gun shroud are slightly different...also the wheels are very much like what Painless did to Maxeen ... kind of iffy... because that was a much later style of bogie ...I kind of like it as it takes a different path from Mato...but like the Mato the entire Hull is one piece cast metal :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Ahh, Shermaholics..................and they want to "concentrate" Tigers !!! :wtf:
:haha: :haha: :haha: Herman...you must go back and read my proposal... as I did suggest a dedicated section for Shermans as well ;) ...... :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Mornin', Michael,
I've seen the FOV Sherman and used some pieces from it in the 'Maxene' build that were donated by Sassgrunt. It's usable as an RC tank but a lot of work will be needed to make it so. It works better as a parts donator, wheels, turret, etc. I noted the paint similarity yesterday as well but believe that is where the resemblance ends.
regards,
Painless
The entire Upper of the FOV fit perfectly on my Heng Long remember Painless?... almost glove like :D ...could be the reason why Taigen didn't make the upper metal... that way if you had a FOV hull and put it on this tank...it would become a full metal Sherman :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OOOOOOOOOOO :O .............LIGHT BULB JUST CAME ON Image

Now I'm definitely gotta get one :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I hear and understand. I am counting on 'Maxene's upper and turret fitting on one of these lowers. Electrics should be a straight across plug in as I had set her up with Taigen electronics. I will have a lower hull and running gear repaint and weathering session then she really should be ready for the long haul. I'll have to figure out what to do with the left over, perfectly usable HL lower with Mato metal tracks, sprockets and idlers with Mike's sweet late war road wheels then. Maybe a resin 'Priest' or some such...
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I hear and understand. I am counting on 'Maxene's upper and turret fitting on one of these lowers. Electrics should be a straight across plug in as I had set her up with Taigen electronics. I will have a lower hull and running gear repaint and weathering session then she really should be ready for the long haul. I'll have to figure out what to do with the left over, perfectly usable HL lower with Mato metal tracks, sprockets and idlers with Mike's sweet late war road wheels then. Maybe a resin 'Priest' or some such...
regards,
Painless
Thinking along the same track Painless...moving Valerie 2's Hull over to this one ...switching out the wheels... then possibly doing a Grant with what's left :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

E.F.,
RCTANK.de has them but they are pricey there and displayed with a different track than the T74 even tho' advertised as coming with them. Artistic Hobbies in the US is taking pre-orders for the next run as all of the ones released this month sold out already. 479.00 in US dollars.
http://www.artistichobbies.com/proddeta ... d=TAG13045
http://www.rctank.de/FULL-METAL_6
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Hobby News”