1/16th scale RC tank purchase options. (Tiger 1)

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
scalawag

Re: 1/16th scale RC tank purchase options. (Tiger 1)

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:just a little unfortunate PROS AND CONS get muddled in the process

ALPHA
I think this happens because some seem to only point out flaws when they talk about brands they don't routinely buy, and clearly have a negative opinion of.

This does not seem to happen on other RC tank related forums I belong too. People tend to talk about the flaws and drawbacks in their own tanks. Opinions seem much more respected than they are here now and people seem to be able to agree to disagree without having to make multiple posts about their own position/opinion.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
ALPHA wrote:just a little unfortunate PROS AND CONS get muddled in the process

ALPHA
I think this happens because some seem to only point out flaws when they talk about brands they don't routinely buy, and clearly have a negative opinion of.

This does not seem to happen on other RC tank related forums I belong too. People tend to talk about the flaws and drawbacks in their own tanks. Opinions seem much more respected than they are here now and people seem to be able to agree to disagree without having to make multiple posts about their own position/opinion.
Have to go with the flow Scalawag...you have to remember...people also read and learn from posts... remembering the PROS and CONS is part of the equation as well...it's up to the participant to determine what is relevant and what isn't (we used to call that filtering through the BS :haha: )..... I know I've tried what many veterans here have suggested to me... it's a 50/50 win some lose some...and I've seen it happen many times to others as well....I just write it off as a learning experience...the one thing I'm personally satisfied with is that I haven't made the mistake of investing my dollars in useless luxuries when what I have ...has performed above and beyond what people might make of them here

Everything needs tweeks... no matter the brand... and I've designed many for myself and others (not talking about detail stuff) ... it will all come out in the wash when SSGT makes his purchase :D

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

And I wonder how Tamiya/Taigen/Mato/hobby grade electronics owners will feel having their hard worked on models and control systems described as "useless luxuries".
I was with you right up to that point.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:And I wonder how Tamiya/Taigen/Mato/hobby grade electronics owners will feel having their hard worked on models and control systems described as "useless luxuries".
I was with you right up to that point.

Off now to play with my useless luxury wastes of money.
:haha: :haha: :haha: I can only guess...that some are happy and some aren't as I've read reviews to back both :D

But then again...you're the only one pointing out electronics... which I never got into... spoke only of stock off the counter purchases..so apparently somewhere in your conscience... there is truth in what I've said :D

Have fun with your tanks Scalawag :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS... I couldn't tell if you were with me or not...didn't really matter....I was with you when you said that no one should have to defend themselves on an opinion or point of advice... to which you backtracked by trying to make me defend myself.... kind of sketchy there ...but it's all good with me ...cause I can give and take as well as anyone
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

I pointed out electronics as you seem intent elsewhere on this forum on pointing out that the only system worth having is the new H/l 2.4Ghz.

I have nothing against H/L they are great tanks. I am completely fed up with your biased and unhelpful remarks on other makes, and your inference that anyone who buys them has more money than sense.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:I pointed out electronics as you seem intent elsewhere on this forum on pointing out that the only system worth having is the new H/l 2.4Ghz.

I have nothing against H/L they are great tanks. I am completely fed up with your biased and unhelpful remarks on other makes, and your inference that anyone who buys them has more money than sense.
That's on another thread :O ... this one is to help Robbo decide on what to buy... I hope you realize that this dialog has taken that aspect away from the desired point and made it an OFF TOPIC issue 8O ...which you also said you didn't appreciate about this kind of discussions :haha: ...once again...just a tad Sketchy Scalawag

I know if I were SSGT Robbo... the last few posts wouldn't even be considered... as this is the kind of BS I would filter out :D

ALPHA

PS. I infer nothing... I leave it to the reader to decide.... it's YOU that decided I have bias(ironically from reading and making a decision :haha: ).... my opinions come from experience...and participation on the board... what I say about things is true.... but I always add...that all brands have their problems...and that they all need tweeks...but I guess that was a little above your head...I'm not sure I could have made it any plainer .... but that's the bottom line for me
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

I'm sorry ALPHA but I guess I have just reached a point where I am not prepared to keep quiet about the things I have talked about anymore.
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

But you are biased. Two pages of telling us how poor or expensive certain tanks are, despite not owning them.

If anyone wants the experience of an owner of these tanks, then please feel free to PM me and I can tell you the pros and cons of each, costs etc.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:I'm sorry ALPHA but I guess I have just reached a point where I am not prepared to keep quiet about the things I have talked about anymore.
Heck Scalawag...don't worry about it... been there and back.... let's just help Robbo decide what is best for him... like I said... between the Mato and the Tamiya...I'd certainly go with the Tamiya

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

billpe wrote:But you are biased. Two pages of telling us how poor or expensive certain tanks are, despite not owning them.

If anyone wants the experience of an owner of these tanks, then please feel free to PM me and I can tell you the pros and cons of each, costs etc.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to look up prices Bill... I'm not biased... I just shopped around a lot....have a good idea of what new 2.4 systems will cost... what models are selling for and so forth...I come from a place that has no deep pockets :haha: ...you are different from me...so look at things from a different viewpoint... does that constitute bias? Not really...as I'm sure you have your side which could be viewed as the same kind of bias if it was that that mattered

You also have overlooked that I did say ALL BRANDS HAVE FLAWS AND NEED TWEEKING.... once again...not sure how I can make that any plainer ...but that "is" the bottom line for me

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”