M4 Something.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: M4 Something.

Post by ALPHA »

I think I spoke too soon Woz.... opened one of the packets... and found the two ends were the same... opened the second...same thing...the third ...same thing again...but when I set them on a flat to take photos... turns out there are two complete and one oddball :wtf: ............. :haha:
Am wondering how this could have happened....thinking you must have made more than three extra sets ....I'm hoping you didn't distribute another set to someone else...cause they are going to be in for a surprise :O............. :haha:

Nice work though....think they will work fine ...do you think it possible to get the correct end for the top mismatched set?

Thank you muchly Woz :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:Hope you get them on OK-

Here's a quick how to-
http://warrenhudsonmodelling.blogspot.c ... m3-m4.html

I decided to put mine on my Priest
NICE JOB on the Priest Woz.... is the cupola printed? ....It's so cool that you can do that :thumbup:

ALPHA
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

ALPHA wrote:I think I spoke too soon Woz.... opened one of the packets... and found the two ends were the same... opened the second...same thing...the third ...same thing again...but when I set them on a flat to take photos... turns out there are two complete and one oddball :wtf: ............. :haha:
Am wondering how this could have happened....thinking you must have made more than three extra sets ....I'm hoping you didn't distribute another set to someone else...cause they are going to be in for a surprise :O............. :haha:

Nice work though....think they will work fine ...do you think it possible to get the correct end for the top mismatched set?

ALPHA

I'll send it out on Monday.

Sorry about that.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:
ALPHA wrote:I think I spoke too soon Woz.... opened one of the packets... and found the two ends were the same... opened the second...same thing...the third ...same thing again...but when I set them on a flat to take photos... turns out there are two complete and one oddball :wtf: ............. :haha:

ALPHA

I'll send it out on Monday.

Sorry about that.
No Problem Woz.... :D ...thought I could fix that one side...but there would just be too much involved to do so... as I figured I could cut it into three pieces glue it all together again...but then the idea turned into four pieces and relocation of the bolt holes on the belt line :crazy:

Thanks again... I appreciate your efforts :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS..build thread for the Priest???????????? :thumbup: ...........just wondering how much of that is printed ;)
Woz

Post by Woz »

ALPHA[/quote]
PS..build thread for the Priest???????????? :thumbup: ...........just wondering how much of that is printed ;)[/quote]

Here you go http://warrenhudsonmodelling.blogspot.c ... riest.html

I tend to have several builds on the go at any one time but don't want to fill the forum with them as they can take some time.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:
ALPHA wrote: PS..build thread for the Priest???????????? :thumbup: ...........just wondering how much of that is printed ;)

Here you go http://warrenhudsonmodelling.blogspot.c ... riest.html

I tend to have several builds on the go at any one time but don't want to fill the forum with them as they can take some time.
WOW!!!! That printer is really something!!!!!!!!!!! :O...takes scratchbuilding to another level.... very nice work sir :thumbup:

NOW :haha: :haha: ......Have you ever tried doing the early VVSS suspensions

I have a planned method to create some the old way...but dang Woz...if you can make them...they would definitely be on my list :haha: ...probably several others too ;)

ALPHA
Woz

Post by Woz »

I may do some hollow wheels at some point but the suspension would take a lot of work and I'm already trying to do too many things.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:I may do some hollow wheels at some point but the suspension would take a lot of work and I'm already trying to do too many things.
Well I have a design using old scratchbuilding techniques.... if it works...maybe I'll draw up the details....and hand it off to you... you might be able to refine it a little for printer use....unfortunately it would probably come after I finish mine... so they would no longer be on the list ;)

Five spoke Hollow wheels... would be on the list if you ever get around to making those :D

Seriously though Woz....never knew you got that far with the printing... outstanding leap IMO... can't wait for your Cromwell :D
ALPHA
Woz

Post by Woz »

Designing things for 3D printing is pretty easy once you know the limitations of the printer. Designing small scale things that'll stand up to the stresses of RC tanking is the problem. The early VVSS suspension shouldn't be too hard to make and print for a static model but RC is a whole new ball game.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:Designing things for 3D printing is pretty easy once you know the limitations of the printer. Designing small scale things that'll stand up to the stresses of RC tanking is the problem. The early VVSS suspension shouldn't be too hard to make and print for a static model but RC is a whole new ball game.
I can see where you are coming from Woz...definitely a static is easier...as basically all you pretty much need to do detail what could be a block of plastic...what I am planning to do is use a static model's normal VVSS with the bogie behind...cut it down ...hollow it out cap it then drill crosswise so I can pin the springs and swingarms ...thing is it's all in my mind now...and not on paper ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”