Can Anyone help me get one of these pls

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Can Anyone help me get one of these pls

Post by ALPHA »

Richy wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Richy wrote:Im still working on the rear stowage tube hopefully have pics soon. fingers crossed it will turn out ok :crazy:
You're 99.9999% there Richy... all I see you need are some brackets.... easy stuff to make with household things :D

ALPHA
pitty your not closer you could show me how its done ;)
Well you can fabricate some nice brackets with tin.... the stuff I used on my L70...came from the bottom of a powdered Cream can...it's about as thin as the brass used in photo etch stuff... just as easy to cut and shape...but way stronger as it is steel ...the best thing is you can solder it as well...so adding pins for strength with some wire brass stock is not a problem ....bend and shape the metal over your tube... solder the pins... drill some tiny holes and attach...it's as easy as that :D

ALPHA
Richy
Lance Corporal

Post by Richy »

Ok Heres the final result. I scrapped the pen idea and went with Alphas idea of the tx antenna this worked out more scale like and had the perfect fitting lid,

I left it with steve a guy whos attention to detail is second to none yesterday and this is what I got back from him including jack brackets and tow pin :thumbup:

Thanks Alpha :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Rich,
This Tiger is really coming along. The rear armor plate and accessories are lovely to behold. I see your reflector down in the lower left hand corner under the tow shackle. Give it a spot of insignia red when you get the chance,. More realism for a second's work.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Richy
Lance Corporal

Post by Richy »

PainlessWolf wrote:Rich,
This Tiger is really coming along. The rear armor plate and accessories are lovely to behold. I see your reflector down in the lower left hand corner under the tow shackle. Give it a spot of insignia red when you get the chance,. More realism for a second's work.
regards,
Painless

Thanks Painless, I didn't realise that was a reflector. it will of course bring more realism to the tank thank you :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

8O ...Thought you didn't have a spare antenna :O ....Looks excellent Richy :D ...Hope you pinned it somehow... so it doesn't fall off ;)

ALPHA
Richy
Lance Corporal

Post by Richy »

ALPHA wrote:8O ...Thought you didn't have a spare antenna :O ....Looks excellent Richy :D ...Hope you pinned it somehow... so it doesn't fall off ;)

ALPHA

I know I know I said I didn't have a spare antenna but my mate did and after I told him about your idea we put both together and your idea looked more realistic :/ ...
thanks for saying it looks good mate, it means a lot when the comments are good not like some digging at the number for instance hahahahahaha.
not pinned on it was very light so its superglued and fingers crossed it wont fall off :thumbdown:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Richy wrote:
I know I know I said I didn't have a spare antenna but my mate did and after I told him about your idea we put both together and your idea looked more realistic :/ ...
thanks for saying it looks good mate, it means a lot when the comments are good not like some digging at the number for instance hahahahahaha.
not pinned on it was very light so its superglued and fingers crossed it wont fall off :thumbdown:
I'm sure the pen tube looked good Richy.... the metal from the antenna probably a little stronger.... if it does fall off...just drill a couple of holes in it...make a couple of "L" shaped pieces out of brass stock and either solder them in the holes or glue them ...then drill holes in your hull so it stays there :haha:

ALPHA
Richy
Lance Corporal

Post by Richy »

ALPHA wrote:
Richy wrote:
I'm sure the pen tube looked good Richy.... the metal from the antenna probably a little stronger.... if it does fall off...just drill a couple of holes in it...make a couple of "L" shaped pieces out of brass stock and either solder them in the holes or glue them ...then drill holes in your hull so it stays there :haha:

ALPHA
I will bear that in mind for future repairs lol. Thanks
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Richy wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Richy wrote:

ALPHA
:thumbup:

So what's next Richy...another Tiger variant? :D

ALPHA
Richy
Lance Corporal

Post by Richy »

ALPHA wrote:
Richy wrote:
ALPHA wrote: I'm sure the pen tube looked good Richy.... the metal from the antenna probably a little stronger.... if it does fall off...just drill a couple of holes in it...make a couple of "L" shaped pieces out of brass stock and either solder them in the holes or glue them ...then drill holes in your hull so it stays there :haha:

ALPHA
:thumbup:

So what's next Richy...another Tiger variant? :D

ALPHA

Hmmmmm Im thinking about another tank but something a little different, not sure what though :crazy:

Return to “General Questions”