Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Another QUICKIE

Post by ALPHA »

doc larsson wrote:let me guess... it's gonna be desert camo with a chick in the turret ?
Hey Doc.... Is there any other way to do it ? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
She's going to replace this one...

then that one will be kitbashed into another tank ;)
also with a Chick in it :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Working on this tank is very Enlightening... makes me wonder why anyone would want a Tiger... this tank is freakin Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

ALPHA wrote:
Lert wrote:Mmmmmmm. Sexy Panther.
If you are able to .... definitely get one of these when the opportunity arises Lert.... I think I like it better than the Jagd :D
It's definitely a beauty. But then, I also want a StuG. And a Leopard 2A6. And an M41 Walker Bulldog. And I still need to even begin fixing up my Konigstiger. So, yeah ... It's a bad time to be poor!
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Lert wrote:Mmmmmmm. Sexy Panther.
If you are able to .... definitely get one of these when the opportunity arises Lert.... I think I like it better than the Jagd :D
It's definitely a beauty. But then, I also want a StuG. And a Leopard 2A6. And an M41 Walker Bulldog. And I still need to even begin fixing up my Konigstiger. So, yeah ... It's a bad time to be poor!
Well... when the opportunity does arise... this one should be on top of that wish list...even if I went in the Historical direction...this tank is very well done...Heng Long left out some subtle details...but just about everything is in the package...even the internals are pretty well sorted ...I can't tell you Lert...this is a quickie.. but dang is it a fun one to work and play with :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Decided to do a little more... A quick 2 hour Jam session

Scratch built a convoy light... will have the firing warning light in it
New ventilator covers
New turret ring... and vent cap
New moving gun support..and vent cap
Also added the bin covers
Just noticed I broke one handle on the driver's hatch.. will be replaced before Painting... But she's there
and should be done soon ;) ...................... :D

Eyes and Hands shot... It's Milla time :haha:

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
All of this looks amazing! Did you get the Panther Sprue from Tamiya? I used a Jagdpanther Sprue for some of the things on my Panther G build. Lastly, your convoy light, is it intended to replace the molded on one above it? Sweet work on a great tank. ;o) ( Yes, the hatch handles are fragile. I broke two on the turret before I caught myself ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
All of this looks amazing! Did you get the Panther Sprue from Tamiya? I used a Jagdpanther Sprue for some of the things on my Panther G build. Lastly, your convoy light, is it intended to replace the molded on one above it? Sweet work on a great tank. ;o) ( Yes, the hatch handles are fragile. I broke two on the turret before I caught myself ;o)
regards,
Painless
Yes the sprue is Tamiya.... the Demon god of detail came and spoke to me in the few hours of dream time I had yesterday... said this tank is too sweet not to go a few more yards with...I met that challenge with a lot of hesitation... especially on some of the vent covers...but after doing the convoy light said heck...may as well go for it lol ;)

Think I broke the handle when grinding away the Heng Long vent...even though I turned the turret ...somehow I must have brushed up against it enough for it to break off :thumbdown:

And yes... I was going to Drill a hole right on the molded on convoy light...but thought it looked better just a tad below it :D

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

great handy detail mate. Seems you also cant leave well enough alone eh!!
if you do more to it are you going to reclasify it to a "slow-ey" ???!!! :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:great handy detail mate. Seems you also cant leave well enough alone eh!!
if you do more to it are you going to reclasify it to a "slow-ey" ???!!! :thumbup:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: ...You don't know how much I had to fight with myself Herman...especially with the turret vent and the vent under the gun support..Heng Long actually did a good job for a RTR everything was basically there... I had three books to reference from...and after scouring through them found what Heng Long had done was dang close ...It was only after studying the Tamiya Sprues that I found tiny little things that stood out...like the hatch ring ...it extended a little longer than the Heng Long...the two dimples in the rear covers right above the exhausts weren't present... the venting ports under the turret vent weren't there... and there are four dimples on the vent cover between the driver's and gunner's hatch that weren't present... that one was super minor as the gun support Heng Long provided actually covers it
Anyway..after putting on the convoy light felt some attention was needed in the other areas
What is not shown is the schurzen hooks I added after noticing them in the top image ....that probably took longer to do than the other details :lolno:

Now she's ready for paint... after I remove the tracks that is ;) ............................... :lolno:

ALPHA
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Nice work Alpha, can't wait to see it all painted up! :thumbup:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)