BB warning light and flashing periscope

Fixes and mods for the HL Bulldog
seafire
Private

Re: BB warning light and flashing periscope

Post by seafire »

Hi Painless.
Thanks very much for your comments! I wasn't sure how well my work would be received, but your feedback is very kind and reassuring.
Most of the stowage was scratch-built and the weathering comes from a lot of years plastic modelling. I use all sorts of tricks - dry-brushing, pin-washes, lead pencil, crayons, finger smudge shading, etc. The only thing I don't use is an airbrush as I don't own one! The sunglasses were a cheat! I had several disastrous attempts to paint the eyes before resorting to the shades, but actually decided they looked better anyway! looking back at the pics there is a detail missing! I had a 'curly' radio wire attached to the commanders helmet set going down his back to the radio switch on his belt below the flak jacket. I made it from stretched sprue wound round a piece of wire and then 'set' in boiling water. I must have broken it off by accident when setting up the shots. If you're serious about using my any of my ideas I am both flattered and pleased. Anything you want to know regarding the mods and detailing just ask and I'll try to explain how I did it all.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Seafire.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Wow that is some search light !!! I don't think you need the use of the 90mm (or 105mm ???). Just turn on the light to vaporize the enemy...... I like it !

As Painless mentioned, great to see some post WWII period tanks.

MichaelC
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Brilliant in both senses, I am extraordinarily pleased that we have a post WW 2 Tank, lovely detail, funnily enough you soon accept the light as normal, I remember when modelling Aircraft, I made A Havoc with a Turbinlite and the scale size would be what you have achieved, change nothing, or change everything! most of all enjoy, it certainly made me happy. :D shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Seafire,
Here is my 99% stock Taigen Bulldog. As you can see, I have a long way to go to make it look anywhere near as cool as yours. I will definitely be referring to the 'White Rabbit' when I get around to redoing mine. Thanks again for posting pics of your amazing M41. ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
Attachments
Taigen Paint
Taigen Paint
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I will be brutally honest Mr Seafire................Its personality trait I have
You have taken what is arguably the least popular HL tank and made it into something with character, detail and a true sense of belonging in the line up of subjects within this gathering.
The light is not scale accurate..............but it wasnt supposed to be from the get-go. Im still getting over how the hell you looked at that cam corder in the attic & it all added up to this !!!!?????
What a piss-cutter !!!, it screams out "I got wasted & now Im coming for y'all Charles" !!!!!!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HOLY CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O .... That is some spotlight!....What a great looking walker ... I can only reiterate what has already said... great Job :thumbup:

Happy TankingImage

ALPHA
seafire
Private

Post by seafire »

Hey Guys.
Thanks for all the positive waves! I love the smell of cyanoacrylate in the morning!

Seafire.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HAPPY TANKING Seafire Image

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

That's a kick-ass tank. Gotta love the mod. Mostly love all the decals and phrases though!
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
calzoe68
Recruit

Post by calzoe68 »

absolutely excellent job there matey i have just bought one of these and was not sure weaather to go korean or vietnam but you may have swayed it for great job ....

Return to “HL Bulldog”